Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This must be a joke

I am watching the Today's show right now (I know, I know, I need to get a life) but the headline news right now is "Pregnant Woman Hit By A Car While Being Chased By A Bear". Seriously? Is this the only news that we have to report? Isn't there some sort of swine flu outbreak going on right now? Perhaps a war to report? This pregnant lady claims that she wasn't hurt during this bear chase and hit and run but I think she might want to get her head checked again since she has decided to give her child the middle name LITTLE BEAR!! No way.

On another Today's Show note, Casey at The Ever Changing Life of a Military Wife told me this morning that when Al Roker cut away to local weather reports that he said "Hello to all those watching on AFN"!! Does anyone think this means he read my blog!? I am sure he would be a loyal follower if only he knew about me! :)

So we actually did it last night! We haven't necessarily signed our lives away (yet)but we did pay our earnest money to our architect and as long as our bank financing comes through, we are going to be the proud owners of our THIRD house/condo/apartment! God, if you are listening, please let the condo in Atlanta sell BEFORE this purchase occurs! So as we were wrapping things up last night I asked when we would hear back from the bank, innocently thinking that it would probably be about 24 to 48 hours at the most, if the bank was experiencing an extremely high volume! I almost fell out of my chair when she said between 2-4 weeks! WTF? How do people wait that long?! Maybe being an American makes me impatient but does this seem like a long time to anyone else? It was explained to me that it takes this long because we are Americans in a foreign country. BOO!! Luckily, the financing person said she was running about 2 weeks on getting answers back to people. So, sit back and relax! If it does work out, we would close in about a month. The complete renovation will take 3 months if all goes according to plan. While I am pretty excited about it, I am not excited about trying to figure out how to get our temporary housing allowance extended.

So, on the last cut to local weather, Al Roker sang a song about Willard Scott that went like this:
Everybody loves my Wiiiiiiiilllllly!
Everybody loves my Willy Scott!
Everybody loves my WiiiiiiiiLLY!

I can only imagine what you might have thought if you didn't know his song was about Willard Scott!

Anyways, my husband has decided that he can now be picked up from work at 4pm. This would normally make me really happy because I love that he gets home early. Unfortunately this means that I have to leave to get him around 3:45 or 3:50pm and this translates to having to miss the last 10 minutes a day of Days of our Lives! Oh well, I'm pretty sure that I won't miss anything that won't be replayed 80 times. The other bad news is that Deaner wants to check out the gym at the airbase today. That means that I am going to be forced to workout. I am already dreading it! It was one of the first things I thought about when I woke up this morning! But, I promised. And god knows, I never break my workout promises! (hee hee).

One more funny thing before I sign off for the day. I got an e-mail from a friend of mine in the States that told me that she couldn't believe that I drove here all by myself. She said she was sure she would somehow manage to kill herself if she had to drive on the left hand side of the road. I assured her that yes, she would manage to kill herself if she came over here and drove on the left hand side since that would be straight into ONCOMING traffic! Y'all, people only drive on the left hand side of the road in England and Australia! :) It did make me laugh though!

7 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I literally got on your FB to tell you about Al right after it happened. I was as excited as you! :)

They also drive on the other side in Jamaica, India, Ireland, Kenya, and lots of other places. THAT would be scary driving!

Ahh yes. The German wait time. We waited 3 months just to get internet in our house. Things move more slowly here for sure!

mabry said...

Love the blog! I think it is so great that you are in Germany - wow!! Every now and again I wonder what it would be like to move to Europe for a while (granted that will not happen anymore...guess i will just have to hope for a trip). Keep the posts coming!

Fatboy said...

It's the Today Show, not Today's show.

They drive on the left in Bermuda and I will tell you that nothing is more nerve wracking than the first time you drive a scooter through a "roundabout" or traffic circle on the left side of the road. That is a 3-pronged stress attack.

Fatboy said...

I think you were flashing back to "Today's Special" on Nickelodeon.

Julie said...

I am so glad that you are keeping up your blog. I love to read the crazy things that happen to y'all, and it makes me feel as though I may not be the only one on my private episode of "Punk'd",albeit the international version would make much better TV.

Add Barbados to the list of left-sided drivers.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny....You make me laugh every night.............Love you both.......MISS YOU.....

Megan said...

You are too funny! I swear, if you wrote a book I'd buy a million copies!! Sounds like your having fun though! I'm glad I made you laugh at least, lol :) Miss ya lots.