Monday, April 20, 2009

Note to self......

Dear Self, Please remember in the future not to walk out of the elevator doors while looking down reading the classifieds in the Stars & Stripes newspaper. See that pole? It isn't movable, it doesn't get out of the way for you, and it is made out of CONCRETE. Yes, that's right, somehow I managed to walk right into it. And the worst part was that I looked up at the exact time I walked into it so for a split second, I knew it was going to happen! Deaner and I were totally cracking up. This happened on Sunday but I forgot to tell y'all about it. At least I wasn't hurt! :)

Wow. I asked for comments yesterday and only got 9!!! That is just sad. BUT, I got several from readers that I didn't know about so it made me very happy! Thanks to everyone who did comment! I was happy to hear from y'all!

I had a few comments yesterday from readers asking me to piece together a few details about myself and how I ended up here in Germany. I am 28 years old and from Atlanta, Georgia. I lived in Atlanta my entire life besides an all too short stint in Oxford, Mississippi at Ole Miss for four years. I did try to prolong my time there a bit by telling my parents that I was planning on staying an extra semester. I got a response that went something like this..........

Mom: "Honey, we think that is a GREAT idea if you want to stay in Oxford for an extra year if you want to!! WE pay for FOUR".

Unfortunately I had to come home. :) I met my husband, Deaner, on New Year's Eve 2005 and we got married this past March 7th. Three weeks later we moved to Wiesbaden, Germany for his job. He is not in the service (although we do get the perks) rather, he is a civilian employee of the Department of Defense School System. He is also not a teacher! He is a civil engineer and will be building schools on American Military bases through out Europe. We are going to be in Germany for a minimum of THREE years but potentially longer. I'm not really thinking about that longer part year. As far as I am concerned we are moving back to Atlanta in March 2012!

I think that is about it in a nutshell. I'm not sure if I ever wrote this but Deaner somehow managed to win a basketball pool that he entered. The prize was a Wii and a Wii fit!! Awesome! It arrived yesterday and I think that Deaner was excited!Honestly dude, what is up with that hair!?! I swear it doesn't look like that normally! I think that the Wii will probably stay in the box until we move out of the hotel. At least until we get a transformer so we don't fry it!

Not much else is going on here. Deaner picked up our car today!! For some reason the guy on the airbase let it pass inspection even though we have a head light out. He said that since Deaner was nice and not a jerk like all the other people that take their cars there, that he would pass it! Now Deaner is going to be talking about how nice he is for the next few days. He is already fond of saying things like "I'm the nice one, you're the mean one"!! At least we have a car now and he can drive me to my drivers test tomorrow! Wooo-hooo! I hope I don't fail. It takes like 3 hours! I suppose I should be off to study! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Also, Happy Birthday to one of my best friends in the whole world, Sarah Kate!! If you are reading, I miss ya and can't wait to see you in July!And yes, I am sitting in a laundry basket. It was a blast!

6 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

I CANNOT believe you walked in a pole, you dork! That's too funny. Although I shouldn't laugh, I would totally do that same thing.

Yay for the Wii. How come we've never played the times you guys have come over?

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You are a great writer and its fascinating to read about your adventures overseas, so keep the posts coming!

MMM said...

Nice pole! Can't believe he won a Wii? How do I sign up for that poll?

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I gave myself two black eyes by running into a clothes rack once. I was watching my cute shoes. I feel you on the pole.

Nice Wii and Wii fit too! Get Mario Kart and we can race :)

I will go and read your begging post now. The internet is down at school. Mrs. Clark is NOT a happy camper at nap time. Amen.

Fatboy said...

I suppose that now you will feel greater empathy when men you know cut their noses while shaving.

$hit happens, you know.

Alexis and Lamar said...

Your blog is great. I started following Steph's awhile back and found yours while reading one of her posts. You are a great writer and I truly enjoy reading about all of your adventures.

My husband is a civil engineer and I would love to move overseas. I might have to have him look into it.