Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I was wrong again...


The first morning that I woke up here in the hotel it was because all I could hear through the wall was the sound of a dial tone. Loud and clear. Almost as if it were in the room with me. It was the reason that I couldn't go back to sleep from 5:00am on the first day that Deaner had to go to work. Every morning since I have heard this dial tone and it is one of the most irritating sounds one can hear. Sometimes it would be the phone ringing next door that would wake me up but I figured that was just the wake up call for our neighbors and that I needed to be more tolerable. Several days ago the dial tone started while we were lying in bed reading before we went to sleep. After a second or so Deaner leaped out of the bed and turned off the fan that we have plugged in blowing on us during the night. He claimed that he thought the dial tone sound was coming from the fan! You can only imagine my laughter as I told him that he was totally wrong! How could a sound that is so clearly a DIAL TONE be coming from a FAN? This little argument went on for several days. Unfortunately for me, last night Deaner jumped out of the bed in plenty of time to actually prove that it WAS the fan that was making the sound! Damn! I hate being wrong like that! Especially when I have laughed and made fun of Deaner so much for being wrong! Oops!

This whole incident is reminiscent to the "Land of Honna Lee" vs. the "Land of Harmony" debate! I realize that this sounds weird and I can't really remember how it came about that Deaner was actually singing the Puff the Magic Dragon song but when he got to the "land of honna lee" part I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at him. How could he be so dumb that he thought it was HONNA LEE?? Everyone knows it is the land of HARMONY!! Ummmm, wrong again. Turns out I am the one who has been signing it incorrectly for 28 years! Good thing that I don't bust into song very often! Damn, I have got to stop laughing at him for things that I am wrong about! :)

7 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Ha ha! For a minute I was like...wasn't it Honna Lee? I felt stupid. :)

Emory said...

I totally thought it was Harmony also!

Emory said...

I even just had to google the lyrics just to make sure Deaner was right!

Allison said...

we leave SOON - this July! I can hardly believe it has been three years already...

Anonymous said...

Two for Deaner, if you're counting.......Way to go Deaner !

Guess Who said...

Congratulations on properly "lying in bed!"

Tolerable should be tolerant.

Always enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Sarah I love reading this. Hope to see it on a daily basis. Love ya