Monday, April 27, 2009

I finally did it!

I drove today for the first time ever in Europe!! Moving here was my 6th trip overseas but before today I have never attempted to drive a car. I figured it was now or never plus I wanted to put that hard earned license to use! :) Instead of waking up at the crack of dawn to take Deaner to work and bring the car back with me I let him drive to work and then I took the shuttle to the base to meet him for lunch. He showed me how to check our APO box (we of course had zero mail) and then I took the car home with me. When we left the states we knew we had a headlight out. We tried to get it fixed right before we shipped the car but unfortunately the mechanic said that there was something wrong with the wiring and that it couldn't be fixed by just replacing the bulb. This was particularly irritating to me because I knew it was going to be a huge pain to take care of that here. Anyways, somehow some way Deaner found a Chrysler Jeep dealership and it is less than a mile away from the hotel! Being the perfect wife that I am I took the car over there after lunch and got the headlight fixed. This was interesting but thankfully there was someone there that spoke English and it only took about an hour! Turns out that NOTHING was wrong with the wiring and they fixed TWO lights for 40 euro. The bad news is that they said something else needs to be done to the headlights and it will cost 1400 euro. Hmmmmm, I think we will take our chances and pretend we didn't hear that recommendation! :) They are out of their minds!

On a totally different note, I am dying over the cheesiness of Days of our Lives. I don't remember this show being so bad when I was in high school and college. First, Nicole and E.J. have been having their wedding ceremony for at least 3 shows now. There is way too much talking and chatting and interrupting to possibly be a real wedding. And Phillip has been in bed with that girl in a hotel for 3 shows with a man holding a gun to the door waiting to kill him. Knock on the door already and just shoot him if you want to! The real question is, why do I find myself watching it everyday!?

Besides the victory of fixing the headlight, this has been a pretty boring day. The weather here is supposed to be crummy all week and I am hoping that the forecast is wrong! Holy crap, the killer really did just shoot Phillip in the chest! I'm not sure how he can recover from this! And just as Nicole and E.J. were going to take their vows, here comes Sammie busting up the ceremony. I should have expected nothing less! Now Oprah is on and rather than subject myself to that garbage I think I will leave to pick Deaner up from work! I have the latest Grey's Anatomy downloaded from itunes so we have a show to watch tonight! Wooo-hooo!

5 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Um holy congrats on driving in Europe! I would be too scared, haha!

Jon and Steph said...

Woohoo great job getting out there on the road!

It's a little scary at first but you get used to it. (especially after a couple of fender benders)

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

You watch Days of Our Lives because AFN sucks and nothing else is on :)

Good job with driving. Did you try the autobahn?

The Pink Chick said...

Way to go on driving! You are so brave! I don't think I would have the courage to attempt it! You should be so proud!

Susanne said...

OMG!! Had to skip all the Days info because I'm about a month behind on Tivo. Quit giving updates!!
Congrats on the driving - do NOT go on the autobahn!