Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Haunting

This fan rings. Like a telephone. Exactly like a telephone might ring in a room next door. It is really uncanny about how this soft noise can wake me up in the middle of the night out of a dead sleep. Unfortunately for me places in Germany are not air conditioned and turning the fan off is not an option. I have to have that air blowing me all night. Telephone ringing or not. But seriously, I think that the fan is haunting me.

Today has been pretty uneventful. Deaner found me an adapter for my new hair straightener. Thank god! There was only one left in the whole store! Steph and I ran some errands this afternoon and bought her some workout capris and me some $5 Columbia gloves I found on the clearance rack at the sporting goods store on base. We also returned the adapter I bought for the hair straighener yesterday that didn't fit. I think that the weather is supposed to be sort of gross tomorrow. We have a dinner date tomorrow with Jon and Steph and maybe the weather will hold off (forever!). I'm not sure what we will do tonight. I want Deaner to get home soon because apparently we got THREE packages in the APO box today! I think that one of them is from Shutterfly and is the wedding photo album that I ordered. I think that the 2nd is from Vista Print and will be my moving cards. That will give me something to do for sure! And the third is the package that his father sent us that is full of stuff that we couldn't fit in our suitcases for the flight over here. Can't wait to see!!

When I woke up this morning I had two e-mails from my aunt with these pictures of my new baby cousin. I was so excited to see these pictures of him but I was so sad because it made me miss him even more!
I am sorry but this baby is SO freaking cute! I just want to go home and play with him all day long! And the best part is, he never cries! If he did, I could just give him back! :) He sure loves his bouncy seat that yours truly gave him. Such a good cousin!

Anyways, I guess I am going to go read and enjoy my Blue Moon while I wait for Deaner to get here. Sorry nothing really funny happened to me today but that must mean that tomorrow will be better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia saw the pictures of Thomas and keeps pointing saying "bebe" (in her french accent) courtesy of catherine cullinan :-)

Allison said...

Are you sure your CHI just needs an adapter and not a transformer? One of my friends who visited from the states ruined her 200dollar hair straightener because she tried to use it with just an adapter...