Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally Finished.......

Well, that might be getting a bit ahead of myself but I am done painting for now. This morning I finished up painting the baseboards. I took a picture but I left my camera upstairs and sorry, I'm just not climbing those stairs again. I realized last night when my husband asked me if I could please wash a few things for him that I have completely neglected all laundry in our household for probably over a week. As a result, I'm on my 4th load today and still have another one to go in the washer. This is no small task here in Germany. Washing a load doesn't take 35 minutes while drying takes even less. Here it is quite a drawn out process. My shortest cycle on my washer is 1 hour and 40 minutes. No, I'm not lying. It takes equally as long to dry. First thing I buy upon my move back to the States is a HUGE super sonic washer and dryer!

Anyways, back to the baseboards. I went with painting them the brown. This was mainly because the brown was in front of me and didn't require another trip to Hornbach. And fine, I just had to go upstairs for something so I grabbed the camera.Isn't it conveniant that the baseboards unscrew from the wall? Makes painting them much easier! Tomorrow I am going to pick up the rest of the paint for the tree AND I am going to try and look at some new carpet. Should be a big ole day for me!

Now I am just watching Jepordy and waiting for Deaner to get home from the gym. He sent me a message earlier to tell me that the rest of the crib bedding came today and I cannot wait to see it! I hope I love it. I don't think I mentioned this last week but there was a HUGE sale going on at this great website called My Messy Monkey's. Between my mom and myself, Evans now has 9 new smocked outfits!! The prices were unbeatable. I think that total, all those clothes only cost $150 when had they been full price they would have been around $450. I hope those come soon. They are being shipped to my mom but she can take pictures and send to me. Only 28 days now until I get to go home!! Can't wait to get to Atlanta!! Hope everyone has a great Thursday. Wish me luck finding carpet tomorrow!!

3 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

Have fun shopping for carpet!

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see the room with the new carpet. That is going to make a huge difference in that space! Who would ever pick electric blue carpet and paint? Germans, I guess! Hehe!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

You are such a busy girl! You must be getting excited about your trip to ATL!