Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Death By Muscle Spasms

Do you think that anyone has ever died from severe muscle spasms in their back? If not, I am thinking that I might be the first. Again, I was up at 1:30am and at 7:00am with radiating pain in my side/back. Both times I took tylenol and held my breath until the pain subsided. This is getting really old. Only one night in the past five I have not woken up in awful pain. Today I went on a long walk and hopefully that will help. I also got a huge bottle of water to drink today in hopes that hydration will help too. Otherwise I don't know what to do. I have emailed my doctor in Germany and she said that it could possibly be my kidney. Not a good thing to hear when you are in another country and can't get to the doctor's office to get checked out. At the very least, I have an appointment on Monday, but I just don't think that there is anything that can be done. Any suggestions are welcome but keep in mind my limited resources in a hotel room! Poor Deaner has been woken up by me wrathing around in pain the past 3 nights!

Needless to say, I am ready to get back to Germany and my own bed! At least then I can leave the bedroom if I need to get up and walk around! I'll be ready to hit the road on Friday. So, on the way here I decided to document a German phenomenon I have been noticing lately. Apparently, Germany has a very high rate of hubcap theft going on in the country. I have never seen so many cars without hubcaps! Nice cars, junky cars, old cars and new cars! There is no discrimating on what kind of hubcaps these theives perfer! On the way here I decided to snap some shots of hubcap-less cars.


It was pretty humorous trying to take these pictures with my iphone before passing the car. Hopefully no one noticed my snapshots! I'd say that if the hubcaps got stolen off of either of cars, we would have to replace them. It just isn't attractive with no hubcaps!

Today has been uneventful but I am halfway thru the week! I walked around this morning and stopped for lunch at the pizza place with the good appetizer. I read my book there for about an hour before returning to the hotel. Now I will just kill time until Deaner returns! If only I could be home working on the baby's room!! Soon enough though! We are going to work in there this weekend and I am really crossing my fingers that the baby furniture comes this week while we are gone! Hope everyone is having a Happy Wednesday! A special birthday shout out to my dear friend Sarah Kate!!!!

9 comments:

susanne said...

Sorry about the muscle spasms - probably just the baby kicking around for more room.
I could NEVER live in a country whose cars have NO hubcaps! HA!
From the queen of losing hubcaps.

miasmom said...

Whatcha got? A cramp? hahaha ... Hang in there ... it will probably get worse before it gets better. love you sayrah.

The Pink Chick said...

I hope your back spasms get better soon! You poor thing! They sound miserable! I will definitely keep you in my prayers!

The hubcap thing is hilarious! I wonder why there is such a high rate of hubcap theft?

Unknown said...

awww, shucks. thanks for the shout out!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you are having those cramps! I hope the doctor can figure out how to make them stop! That sounds miserable. I will put you on my prayer list!

Erin said...

Hey Gleats! I had the worst pain in my hip joint. I would ask other pregnant women about it and no one could relate. There are so many weird things that happen to your body when you're pregnant (and when you have the baby- ugh- I wont even go into it). Anyway, it's good that you are going to the doc to check it out because it could be a kidney/bladder infection or a kidney stone. Take care. Love you!
Oh and by the way, enjoy your time before baby Evans comes. This is HARD work!

Susan said...

the hub cab things is hilarious==the back muscle spasms..not so much!! ughh!

Anita K. said...

It kinda sounds like a kidney stone to me. The worst paid I had with it was when I was in bed - something about gravity and things backing up. I certainly hope it is only a muscle spasm.

Andrea said...

It's crazy how your body responds when you are pregnant. I hope you feel better.

I believe the cars in Germany don't have hubcaps because they are winter/snow tires still on, and the people just haven't switched them. maybe they won't since the weather could change in several months anyway ;o).