Monday, April 26, 2010

Baby's Room is Nearly There!!!

Happy Monday everyone! I hope that everyone had a fantastic weekend. Ours was certainly full of events. After my doctor's appointment we came home and it was so nice to be home after being in a hotel for a week. When we were headed down to the wine stand our friends called and asked if we wanted to meet them at another weingut in the next little town over. It is Schlemmerwochen in Germany which means Gluttons Week (it lasts for two weeks) and all the weinguts open and serve wine and food and most have live entertainment. We headed over to meet our friends and had a great time. Even though Deaner spilled an enourmous glass of wine on my lap (I swear even my socks were wet) it was a lot of fun. So much fun in fact that we had a group of people over on Saturday night to hit up the weingut next door to our house. There was a great band and everyone had a blast. In fact, the same guy is playing at a weingut down the street next weekend and everyone already wants to go back to see him again. I'm sad I'll be out of town but definitely looking forward to flying home on Thursday!

So besides our Schlemmerwoche festivities we also managed to work in the baby's room. We were really nervous about the way the carpet would turn out but we took the plunge and started gluing on Saturday afternoon. After about 45 minutes it became very clear that we had not bought enough glue and it was BACK to the hardware store we went. Deaner finished it up on Sunday and I could not be more thrilled. It looks AWESOME! All those bubbles?? Gone. I don't know how he did (I don't think he knows either) but it looks fantastic. By last night I had vacuumed, cleaned out all the tools etc and we had the baseboards and door back on the walls. I took some pictures and they are a little dark but I know y'all would want to see them!Doesn't it look awesome? I'm so happy with it. The crib and mattress have not arrived yet but the changing table has and Deaner has promised to put it together. I have picked out a closet/armiour from Ikea that I think will match and I'll buy it when I get back from the States. I can't wait to see how the changing table looks!

In other news, Deaner called me from work a little bit ago to tell me that he recieved a speeding ticket in the mail for ME! Ha ha! I would deny it but it had my picture attached to it!!BUSTED!! And guess how fast I was going? A whopping 3 miles over the speed limit. RIDICULOUS if you ask me. At least it was only 10 euro. Unfortunately I think I have another one on the way. I'm off to fold laundry and do some other wifely duties. 4 more days til I leave for Atlanta!!!

7 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

The nursery looks great! Job well done :-)

I can't believe that they gave you a ticket for going 3 miles over the limit. Sheesh!

Jon and Steph said...

Stupid tickets! Jon just got one from when we went to Zurich... 8 miles over the speed limit and it's going to cost us 89€!!

Can't wait to see the baby room tomorrow!

susanne said...

Baby's room is fabulous!
I knew your speeding ticket would not be for much - you are the slowest driver in the world!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! The nursery looks so good!

Have so much fun in ATL!

Anonymous said...

It looks great....!!!

See you soon !!!

Lottice said...

The room looks fabulous and the accessories are cute. I can't believe y'all put the carpet down. Great job.
Speeding ticket, really, you?!

Emory said...

The room looks great! Can't wait to see it with furniture...and most importantly I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!