Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ta-daaaaaaaaa!

And after about 15 hours of work we are finished with the tree. Anne admitted to me this morning that when she left last night she wasn't thrilled with the way that the tree was looking. By the time we started getting the second coat on it today and making the leaves a bit thicker, we were both THRILLED with the way that it was looking. I feel like I probably don't want to hold a tiny paint brush in my hand again for a long time but I am really happy with the way the it turned out! Here is a progression of how things went from start to finish!!And finally, drumroll please!!!!!! The finished product!!Eat your heart out Pottery Barn Kids! How great does this look? I am so excited with the way that it turned out that I can't even explain it. I knew Anne could do it but she outdid herself! I even surprised myself with my ability to help. I was definitely happy to have it done.

Around 4:30pm or so I had to give up working and head to the carpet place to meet Deaner to pick up the new carpet. I was a little bit worried because no one had called me to tell me that the carpet had arrived but I headed over with my fingers crossed. Thankfully it was in stock but unfortunately they sort of laughed at the prospect of us strapping it to the top of my Jeep. Just as I started to panic, the guy (who spoke English and was NOT available to speak with last week!) who was working there said that they could have it delivered to us tonight for only 28 euro. Fine, I was completely happy to do that. True to their word, they arrived around 7:30pm and now we have the new carpet. Now to figure out the best way to install it. That is going to be another story all together. Apparently they don't use carpet padding here? We are debating laying the new carpet over the old carpet, since it is SO thin and glued to the concrete floor within an inch of it's life. We just don't know what to do.

Alas, this is something that will probably keep me awake all night tonight since we decided against tackling it tonight. When Deaner gets home from the gym tomorrow night we will give it another go. I am desperate to get it put down. Then I can do all the really fun stuff!! Tomorrow I think I will head back to the carpet store to pick up one thing we forgot and then maybe brave Ikea to look for a dresser/armiour for the baby's room and for a new light fixture. Please say a little prayer that we can get this carpet down without any hideous setbacks. We are going to need it! Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

No carpet padding! Oh goodness! Can you get some? Probably not!

I think the tree came out perfect! I love the little birds! That friend is talented to be able to draw that out!!!!

Have a great day!

Emory said...

The tree looks awesome! I don't even know what to say about the carpet...I don't know a thing about that.

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

It looks so great! And that's weird that they don't use carpet padding...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT...........! IT LOOKS WONDERFUL !!!!!!

Can't help with the carpet.......!

susanne said...

The tree is AWESOME!! Anne is a genius. She needs to sign and date the wall.Can't wait for the baby furniture to arrive.

Under this Umbrella said...

It is absolutely amazing. You both did a wonderful job and it looks fabulous. :) Best wishes for the Ikea trip and carpet installation!!!