Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Recap

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend! Friday night we headed down to the wine stand and then out to dinner with a coworker of Deaner's, who we happen to see there. It was a nice evening and we came home pretty early to hang out and watch some TV. Saturday there was a festival/fair going on in Wiesbaden that Deaner wanted to check out. Really, I think that he just wanted to eat a bunch of sausages and drink some beer! He was looking pretty happy long about his second sausage!!Since the festival was more of a fair with rides etc. we really didn't stay too long. The weather was beautful so after a few laps around the platz we headed home and took up residence on our top balcony to read and sit in the sun. It was so nice and warm that we stayed outside until about 6pm or so. Saturday night we feasted on mexican steak fajitas and white cheese dip! Doesn't get much better than that but, oh wait, we also had the Masters!! We were watching it on AFN in the crappy broadcast quality when Deaner just so happened to flip over to our British satellite dish and it was on an HD channel with NO COMMERCIALS!!! Awesome! It doesn't get any more beautiful than Augusta National.

Sunday was a laid back day. We went to the commissary and got frozen pizzas for dinner since neither of us felt like doing much more than that. We got to eat them and watch the Masters. What a great day to be a Phil Mickelson fan. Not a great day to be living on the other side of the world from all the action because there was no way we were going to be able to stay up and watch until the end. However on one of my many trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night was able to check my iphone and see that Mickelson won.

This morning I got up around my normal time (which is not to be disclosed) showered, went and switched cars with Deaner, went to the post office on the airfield, went to the commissary for the week and then came back home. I'm currently doing laundry and changing sheets. All in a days work! My friend Anne is coming over tomorrow to paint this tree on the nursery wall.I am so excited to see how it turns out!! Then the new carpet should be here on Wednesday! Things are starting to come together! The furniture has finally been shipped and should be here at least before I leave to go home. I can't wait to post pictures of the progress so stay tuned!! I'll post tree pictures tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That sounds like a lovely weekend! When I was in high school, my dad moved to Germany to work at the Weisbaden base. One summer I went to one of those festivals that had the rides. Let me warn you right now...DO NOT RIDE THEM! I loved fair rides in the states, but they really kick it up a notch over there! I literally thought I was going to die while I was on the ride. I was so terrified and to this day I cannot ride fair rides of any type without going into a minor panic attack. They may not look any different when you watch them, but oh man they are way faster and more intense than ours in the states.

Thanks for your sweet comment today! I just love reading your blog! It is so fun to hear about what you are up to across the ocean! Have a wonderful day! Sending you warm and sunny Georgia weather!

Chubs said...

We, too, had a beautiful couple of days. Unfortunately, with the cold spring, all of the trees have popped out their pollen at once. It should be all better in 2 weeks. Looking forward to a visit.

susanne said...

Can't wait to see the tree that that will soon appear on the nursery wall!!