Thursday, April 15, 2010

A bit off my game

Hello everyone! What's up? I am feeling a bit off my game today for some reason. I got out of bed this morning only to discover that I am actually really starting to feel pregnant. Before a week ago or so I could confidently leave the house and know that if I so chose, no one would really be able to tell I was pregant. Not anymore my friends. I think my stomach has officially "popped" now at 21 weeks and I'm not so sure that I love it. Before anyone gets mad about me saying that I have to clarify that I am THIRLLED to be having a baby but not so sure I am thrilled about getting this huge belly. Get a load of this!I think I will start taking wagers on how much weight I have gained since my last appointment. Ugh, all that being said, hopefully I am no longer being mistaken for just plain chunky!

So today has sort of been a weird day. I got up this morning and hung around the house not really doing much of anything before I showered and went to Ikea. I successfully found a pillow insert for the baby's crib pillow but it is ugly as sin. I promise to take a picture of it but it is upstairs right now and I just can't go back up there! I also might have found a closet/dresser for the baby's room. I just need to get the furniture in there so I can tell if it is going to work or not. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes before I leave for Atlanta on the 29th but wouldn't it be great if it was there when I checked the mail tomorrow? Probably won't happen though.

Deaner is currently on his way home from work (late) to supposedly start installing the carpet. This could get dicey folks. I sure hope that it goes off without a hitch. I'm going to help as much as I can but like I said, I haven't felt that great today. I even fell asleep on the couch for over an hour, which isn't like me at all. Wish us luck!! He is here and we are starting!!

5 comments:

EmilyB said...

you look adorable!!

Jennifer said...

You have officially popped! It looks so beautiful on you! One of my best friends is pregnant right now and around 20 weeks she was not hardly showing at all, then week 21-22 came and all of a sudden you could see the belly! It is crazy how that happens!

I am so excited to hear that the new carpet will be installed soon! Good luck! This could be quite the adventure!

Your comment about the nap reminded me...how are you doing with your insomnia? I do hope it is better!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

The Pink Chick said...

You look great! I think women with pregnant bellies are so beautiful! Oh, and I just saw the picture of the finished tree. It looks so good! Your nursery is going to be amazing!

susanne said...

OK - NOW I believe you're really pregnant!!!

Anonymous said...

You look great..........! and you better keep an eye on Deaner....you know how things turn out when he's in charge.... Rember the upside down door on the little cabnet thingie.....