Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Updated House Pictures!!

I have had a few people ask me over the past week to do some updated house pictures. Since the house needed a good scrubbing I decided what better time to do it and take some pictures! Y'all have to understand there is lots more to be done but I think that I have come a long way! I'll start with the second floor (the first floor is just our front foyer and our unfinished basement space). Our house is 4 full floors but if you count the split levels it really has 6 sets of steps. It is sort of hard to explain and my friend Julia told me this weekend that when she saw it in person it wasn't how she had imagined. Y'all will just have to try your best! First here are some pictures of the kitchen.This is a shot from the other side of the kitchen looking out into the dining room.Here is the dining room up close. I really really need a big piece of furniture to go against that large white wall and a big piece of art for the wall. I want to buy something nice so I am going to have to wait for a bit.See those three steps in the corner? They go up to the den which is on a landing of it's own. In this picture, I am standing in the den overlooking the dining room.And here are some shots of the den, where we spend most of our time and eat dinner every night.Last but not least we have the laundry room. This is probably where I spend the MOST time so I love that I love this room. I told everyone about hand painting the tiles etc and today I put up the wall decal that Steph and Jon gave us as a house warming gift! I LOVE it and I think that it is the perfect place for it! It definitely makes the room.As you can see, I also keep a lot of my "extras" in this room! I'm just so excited about the wall decal! And after I fought with it for almost an hour I was so surprised that I didn't manage to mess it up! Next up is the 3rd floor rooms. Our bedroom and master bathroom are close to done. I still need a rug and curtains in our bedroom and there is nothing we can do about the tile in the bathroom for now. Deaner did get our shower set up (we originally only had a bathtub) and once he puts up a curtain rod support this weekend, I can hang the actual shower curtain (not just the liner).Guest bedroom and guest bathroom. Both of which need total makeovers.The shower is to the right of the sink but I couldn't get far enough away to get it in as well! And finally we are up to the 4th floor of the house which has two bedrooms. One is smaller than the other but the smaller one is the only one with any type of furniture! Small one first (it has a balcony!).And last but not least the empty room that is huge and oddly shaped!In the last picture I am standing on the platform looking down into the room. Such a wierd room but big none the less. Anyways, that is all my pictures for the day! I have a nice clean house and a turkey in the slow cooker! I'm so domestic and handy! :) Hope everyone enjoys the pictures. Deaner just walked in the door from work and since it surprised us and the weather is nice again, we are going on another walk in the vineyards. I will take my camera this time!

15 comments:

Under this Umbrella said...

I love those pictures...you have worked so hard and your home just looks fabulous. You have room to grow and plenty of time to add things. Enjoy all of your hardwork.

PS-I love Matt Lauer and was meant to marry him in a previous life, so I laughed when I saw him on your tv screen. :)

miasmom said...

Where did she get that decal? Its so cute! House looks great!

Erin said...

Your house is adorable! You've done a fab job. Your picture tour was very comprehensive as well. I actually felt like I was there! (your kitchen ROCKS by the way)

d.a.r. said...

It looks fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing them!

Newlywed Hostess said...

I can see all the hard work you have put into it. It looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

love those master bedroom sheets!

New Girl on Post said...

Wow Sarah! I'm so impressed.

Only one question.

When can I come visit? :)

The Pink Chick said...

Your house is beautiful! You have done an amazing job decorating!!!

Susan said...

the house looks great! Hope I can come visit ya!

Blairedith said...

Sarah it's gorgeous!!! Yall have done such a great job and have a beautiful home!

susanne said...

WOW - the house is so CLEAN!!
Love the decal! Thought at first that Steph had gotten you a giant Ole Miss football helmet!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It's looking great!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the Pig on the stove!!
House looks great. You must have worked your little fingers to the bone. lottice

Anonymous said...

I love it..... The funny room would make a cute nursery....don't you think

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Your home is lovely! You have done a lot of work!

Blessings & Aloha!