Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bonehead Moves

I am not sure what is wrong with me these days. I keep doing the most ridiculous things that are starting to leave even me stumped. I have never been a particularly forgetful person (though I do make a lot of lists) and I would not consider myself absent minded. My recent actions have me re-evaluating my normally "sound" mind.

1. Deaner and I each have certain responsibilities each month. He pays all of our household bills and I have two credit cards that I am currently paying off. I pay them each and every month, just as I have done for the past several years of my life. One is due on the 10th and one is due on the 24th of the month. It is like clock work. I never forget to pay either. That all changed this month. When I got online to pay Chase this month, a week before the payment was due, guess who forgot to pay them last month!?! I was dumbfounded. I still swear this was a mistake. I swear I must have paid them and then mistakenly not hit "submit", or SOMETHING that would logically explain this lack of responsibility. Thankfully Deaner wasn't mad at me for getting a late fee, after all it is the first time this has happened to me!

2. I drink diet drinks. It is the only thing we keep in the house besides iced tea and water. I don't think I have had a real coke since sometime in high school. Last week at the commissary I got my bi-weekly 12 pack of diet cherry coke. And then it MORPHED into REAL cherry coke while I was in the car driving home!!! Sometimes this happens to me when I am buying shampoo and conditioner. Typically the shampoo will morph into the conditioner or vice versa and I'll end up with two of one but I have never had my DIET coke morph before. Again, patience from my husband with just a helpful reminder to slow down and pay more attention. (I'm not sure how I can help morphing groceries)!

3. I picked out the perfect picture to purchase for one of our family members for Christmas. It was a shot of the whole family and everyone actually looked good. I was very excited to have discovered this and I anxiously got on Shutterfly, uploaded the picture and purchased it. When I went back and checked the order, I had ordered the wrong picture!!!! And the picture that I had ordered, I wasn't even IN! Classic case of not paying attention. Thankfully my error was noticed within the 30 minute window and I was able to cancel the order and correct my mistake.

4. I blew the fuse of my transformer out. I should have known my American hairdryer would blow it but I stupidly wanted to try "one more time". So I opened the top to get the burned up fuse out, to take to the store so I could get another one. I went to the store and had no trouble finding another one. When I got home I couldn't find the cap to the transformer ANYWHERE. Deaner and I have searched our room up and down and it is no where. Now we have a new fuse but no cap and therefore no transformer. I really thought it would turn up by now. And let's be honest, it could have been Deaner that lost it! It just goes with my "absent minded" theme!

5. I very nearly cut off my finger while chopping an onion. I chop onions practically everyday and this is not a routine occurrence.

6. I ran over my own poor pumpkin!!

7. And I have saved the best for last. Today I woke up and decided I was going to be productive. I was going to get up, shower, go to the PX and then hit up the commissary to buy our dinners for the rest of the week. I did all the previous things but I was held up at the PX. When I was about to get out of the car I grabbed my purse and thought to myself, "wow, my purse feels so light". Upon further investigation it was reveled that this was due to the fact that I FORGOT MY WALLET! Who does this? Who goes grocery shopping and doesn't bring their wallet?? I called Deaner and told him and he suggested I just use my credit card. Hello!! That would be IN MY WALLET! I had no choice but to come home. Guess I will try again tomorrow.

So, does anyone else have "issues" like this from time to time? I swear I am not normally like this. Please!! Make me feel better about myself!

10 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

I totally have issues like this! It definitely comes in spells for me. One time it was so bad that I was convinced I had a brain tumor.

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I have definitely done stuff like that, including getting to the checkout before realizing that my wallet was at home (thankfully Chris was there and could pay for it!). I've also gone to the grocery store WITH A LIST and forgotten to get half the stuff on it. How does that happen?!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I have done the same thing with our credit card (TWICE) since we began the process of moving. I had NEVER been late on a payment before and now twice in three months! SO frustrating!
I think moving to another country messes with the mind a bit so you are excused for all of these "mishaps"

susanne said...

I'll check on vacancies at the local nursing home near me - just in case we need to "place you" for your own safety. Well, maybe not NEAR me.

Anonymous said...

You can find a home near me and I'll run by every other day to check on her........

Anonymous said...

I have never done anything so asinine.

Sneaker Teacher said...

I have something for you over at my teacher blog

Katie
www.sneakerteacher.blogspot.com

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

I'm new... just found your blog. I'm living in Germany for 6 months (not as long as you) until March 2010. I just spent the last couple hours checking out your past posts! May I add that I'm jealous you had Taco Bell. Basically any mexican at this point is amazing. Although, I have purchased tortillas, beans, and salsa from the store. No Commissary for me, though! I'm a Cali girl who just moved to Chicago for 2 weeks then came to Germany... been married for 15 months. Anyway, keep it up. You're fantastic!

Newlywed Hostess said...

I feel like it has been that way for a bit with me. FOr instance I need to order another wedding gift for a wedding in a few weeks because I accidently ordered someone a wedding gift engraved witht the wrong monogram.
Yup I am a winner!

MRU said...

It's called pregnancy brain. =) Ha, Ha!