Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Maastricht, Netherlands

Today has been a long day. I had to get up and leave the house with Deaner this morning at "normal work time" and to say that I am out of the habit would be an understatement! God, I hate waking up so early! It was a pretty uneventful drive to The Netherlands. Deaner had to make stops at two schools along the way and guess what I got to do while he was working?!?! Sit in the car! It was SO exciting! Thank god I have a good book with me! :) The first school was in The Netherlands with a stop for lunch before the second school which was in Belgium. Then we headed to our hotel in the city of Maastricht in The Netherlands. We are both really pleasantly surprised with how neat this city is! We had a nice long walk around when we got here and here are a few of the highlights. It helped that the weather was nice! The picture above it right outside our hotel, which is right on the Maas River.We both LOVED this building! It is the tourism office for the city.Isn't this a pretty city! I won't mind if Deaner has to come work here again sometime! That is about all from today. Tomorrow Deaner has to go to two different schools. I am hoping that I only have to sit in the car for the first one! By then I will probably have finished my book! This is going to be an interesting trip. I say that only because Deaner walked out of the house this morning and left all his hanging dress shirts at home. That's right, he has ONE dress shirt for THREE days of work. Can we say stinky? We also had a little scare that he might have forgotten his deoderant. Thankfully it was only a scare! And at least he only has to work a couple of hours a day! He better not eat or drink ANYTHING while in work clothes!! I'll let y'all know how that goes!! I'm off to read!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it.........Dickie and I went to Virginia for a long weekend and "I" left all of his clothes on the bed in Atlatna....After that he packed for himself.....

EmilyB said...

beautiful buildings!! what book are you reading??

susanne said...

What a pretty city! Lucky girl!!

Children of the 90s said...

A good friend of mine studied abroad in Maastricht, ever since I've alway wanted to go. It's beautiful!

The Pink Chick said...

What a beautiful city!!!