Thursday, October 22, 2009

Daily Happenings

Well I don't really have any daily happenings to tell y'all about today. I have pretty much done nothing all day long! I think that all my house work has finally caught up to me! I was super excited about all the comments that I got on the house yesterday. Thanks! I have been working hard and I think it is starting to pay off. It is just amazing how things get so messy again so quickly!

Yesterday Deaner and I went on another walk up in the vineyards. It is just so pretty that I find myself not dreading it like I normally do all other exercising! Plus, it takes HALF the time of going to the gym! This time I remembered to bring my camera and it gave me an excuse to keep stopping! Here is the beginning of our walk where we first enter the wine vineyards.During our exercise sessions I like to keep up a pretty good pace walk. Deaner runs in front of me, runs back to me and sometimes runs circles around me. He definitely gets more benefits from our walk but I am just not a runner. Here he is running back towards me after a little jaunt ahead of me!Another shot of Deaner sprinting ahead of me.It is the prettiest walk I have ever been on. From the top of the vineyards you can see our whole town and the Rhine River.I love it when we get to the top because I can actually jog all the way back down to the bottom. Running is MUCH easier when it is downhill! :)

Tonight Deaner and I are going to eat left over lentil soup and have grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. Yum! Most of the time I don't love leftovers but we are trying not to waste so much food these days. We have no huge weekend plans besides watching football. We have to carve pumpkins at some point but I don't know when is too soon?? How long do pumpkins last once they are carved? It is pretty cold here (in the 30's at night) so I would think they would be okay for a week? I'm just not sure. Alrighty, time to find something else to busy myself until Deaner gets home from the gym. This has been a loooong boooooooooring day. At least tomorrow is Friday, right?

9 comments:

chubs said...

I think a week is about right on the pumpkin. It can depend on the amount of cutting. A huge gaping mouth can start to collapse as the whole thing sofetens, giving you spooky goblin more of a tothless geezer look.

Chubs said...

softens - I am really a crappy typer.

EmilyB said...

Wow - the scenery is gorgeous!!! I could get used to walking in a vineyard every day -- so lucky :)

Jennifer said...

I love the scenery in Germany. My dad lived in a village named Worms when he lived in Germany the second time and it was surrounded by vineyards and mustard fields. We would go biking everyday when I came for the summer! I loved it after I got used to biking 12 miles to the next town and back. We always went to the cafe halfway through and got drinks. I guess the calories counteracted the benefit from the exercise but we still did it almost everyday!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

What a gorgeous view! I definitely wouldn't mind exercising with that for scenery!

Jon and Steph said...

Jon always runs way ahead of me and then back to me!! What is it with guys?? ;)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The past pumpkins I've carved have lasted about 5 days to a week. If it's cold at night they should last!

Cherylnn said...

Hey Sarah...
Sounds like you are really getting into the house thing! I am so excited for you. I feel so bad about the fate of your pumpkin... I'm sure you did this already but check out the October issue of Martha (AGH can not believe I am actullty telling you this) but she does have some incredible carving ideas and I know you want to win!!
Love & Kisses Cherylnn

Emory said...

wow! Those are some awesome views. I think I might be able to walk there everyday-until it got too cold.