Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Pumpkin Is Haunting Me

I have several updates from this weekend and though they are not in any particular order, they are all fairly humorous. First of all, I am pretty sure that the smashed pumpkin is haunting me. Saturday morning Deaner and I had to bring a load of glass bottles to the recycling bins on the edge of our town. This is the place that I chose for our pumpkin's grave site. I waited until there were no cars or people around (we suspect it is quite illegal to dump smushed pumpkins) and I rolled our poor pumpkin into a creek. When we pulled up to the recycling bins you can only imagine my surprise when I saw THIS!!!!!That is our freaking pumpkin! How did it get out of the creek?!? See that drop off behind it? The creek is down there. Now Deaner has me all worried that they are going to be able to trace the pumpkin back to us! Good thing I brought our other pumpkins into the house so hopefully no one can pinpoint me as the pumpkin dumper!

The rest of our weekend was nice and relaxing. Saturday we had a mexican fiesta and watched football. It was a good football day for Ole Miss and I was able to watch on the computer with a pretty perfect feed. The margaritas were also delicious!! Deaner almost chopped off his finger cutting limes and then I almost chopped off my own finger when I took over. Not good. We have gone through more bandaids in this weekend than ever before! And the sheets are in the washer right now because Deaner thought his cut was healed enough not to sleep with a bandaid on. Nice.

Right now I am doing laundry and debating whether or not I am going to go to the gym with Deaner this afternoon. Of course I don't want to but I know it would be good to get out of the house and get a little exercise. It is just such an exhausting task, going to the gym. We will see if it happens or not! Hope everyone is having a good Monday and a good week! We are looking forward to carving our pumpkins this week at some point and I spent yesterday making these Halloween treats just in case we have trick or treaters!
The ghost pops are actually tootsie pops, covered in a kleenex, tied with a ribbon and a face drawn on them. I think they are so cute. I remember making these every year with my mom and can't wait to give them out. George claims that we will have trick or treaters so we will see!! Happy Monday Y'all!

7 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Those treats are so cute! and REALLY how the heck did the pumpkin get out of the creek?? That's a little spoooooky ;)

susanne said...

Those ghost pops are super cute! Hope you get lots of trick or treaters!
That pumpkin is after you.

Emory said...

I would love to trick or treat at your house! So nice of you to spend the extra time to make cool treats. I haven't even gotten a bag of candy yet!

old dad said...

Hey we had a pumpkin burial also, but ours was in a garbage bag in the trash can.

Glad you did not mention the UVA game

Lauren said...

Cute candy display! I can't buy candy until the day of because I inevitably eat it all before the little candy grabbers coming knocking!isabel08

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's too funny that you saw the pumpkin again! Cute treats!

MRU said...

I can't believe you made ghost pops. I love those things. You have way too much time on your hands. Hop on a plane and come watch my kid.