Tuesday, June 30, 2009

GIVE-A-WAY-GIVE-A-WAY-GIVE-A-WAY!!!!

I know I promised this give-a-way a long time ago and I should have gotten to it a lot sooner!! Peachtree Circle is a company that my mother and her friend started about a million years ago that specialized in Bridesmaid's and Groomsmen's gifts. Thank goodness she waited until AFTER I got married to pass the torch onto a new owner. Leah, at Peachtree Circle, has graciously offered one of my lucky readers this fantastic gift! One lucky reader will win a set of 6 Wedding Cake Charms. This is by far my favorite Bridesmaid Luncheon tradition! Wedding Cake Charms are a tradition dating back to Victorian England when a bride would hide small charms within the layers of her wedding cake. This tradition is back in full force today and I have participated in this tradition well over ten times! Today, charms are tied to a ribbon and they are iced into the cake at the Bridesmaids Luncheon. During dessert each Bridesmaid selects a ribbon and pulls their charm. Each charm is symbolic of something and nobody ever wants to get the Old Maid!! Here is a shot of my bridesmaids pulling their charms at my Bridesmaid Luncheon. I wish I had actually gotten up from the table and taken a picture of everyone!I had 8 bridesmaids and the charms that I choose to have iced into the cake were the following: (I THINK!)

Engagement Ring -- next to be engaged (duh!)
Ladybug -- Good luck will find you
Money Bag -- Good fortune is yours
Slot Machine -- Lucky in life (one of my faves!)
Baby Carriage -- Next new mother
High Heel -- best dressed
Old Maid -- this is self explanatory!
Frog Prince -- you will kiss a lot of toads before finding your Prince

It is just such a fun thing to do. Here are a few shots from my friend Erin's wedding last October and my friend Emory's wedding a few year back.There is a long list of charms to choose from and one lucky winner will get to pick their favorite 6! Whether you are getting married yourself, know someone getting married, or want to use these sterling charms for a bracelet, there is something for everyone! Here is how to enter:

1. Leave me a comment on this post for 1 entry
2. Become a follower (or let me know you already are a follower) for 1 entry
3. Post about this giveaway on your sidebar for 1 entry
4. Post about this giveaway in it's own post for 2 entries
5. E-mail me a picture of yourself or someone you know participating in this charm pulling tradition for me to post on my blog for 2 entries (sarahgleaton@hotmail.com)

So, there are 7 ways that you can enter! I hope to see lots of other people's pictures!! I will draw a winner July 8th, one week from today! Head over to Peachtree Circle today to start picking out your favorite charms and don't forget to check out all the other great gifts as well!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've never heard of this! It's such a great idea! I'm also a follower!

Megan said...

What a fun tradition! My inlaws are friends with Emory's parents.

purrfectmeg@aol.com

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

So cute! I would say sign me up, but I don't have any wedding cakes coming up in the near future :-(

Krista said...

I remember doing this as a flower girl in my aunt and uncle's wedding 25 years ago! I meant to incorporate this tradition into my own wedding, but somehow that detail was overlooked. I'd still love to win some charms. Having 2 unmarried sisters, maybe they'll be used in the near future!

Three entries please: 1 for the comment, 2 because I'm a follower, and 3 for the sidebar link!
Thanks!

Emory said...

I really enjoyed doing this at my own wedding. I think if I got the charms I would make them into a bracelet. Of course I am a follower and am about to post on my sidebar about this. Do I get the extra entries since I emailed you pictures for this post?