Monday, June 1, 2009

Where Did Everyone Go?

Where have all my commenters gone?? I had gotten up to double digit comments each post but now they are dwindling again! Sad! I am calling for all the lurkers to leave me a comment today! It will make me very happy! I hear all the time that family members and friends are reading this but I never have any evidence that this is true! Thank you to all my regular commenters! I always count on you guys! So everyone try and drop me a line today if you can! Plus, how can you not comment on how cute my little baby cousin Thomas is!? I miss him like crazy! When I left Atlanta he was 10 weeks old and by the time I see him again he is going to be 5 months old! I HATE that! I feel like I am totally missing out on him growing up. My aunt recently went back to work and since baby Thomas is still so young my mom is watching him during the days for a few months before he starts going to his daycare. So that is really nice (for me) because she can call me on Skype and I can see him! All he does is laugh at the computer which just makes me miss him more! Here are a few more super cute pictures of him.I hate to tell him but he might have a weird part going on in the front of his hair! I need to advise my aunt to start trying to train his hair not to part in the middle! I just love that picture of him sleeping. Looks pretty content to me!

So today is just another day in Germany for me. Since it is Monday I figured I would go ahead and get the laundry out of the way. So that is in the dryer right now. Fortunately for me, the crazy maid has gone on vacation to Las Vegas for ONE WHOLE MONTH! She told me ALL about her trip and said she hoped we were still in the hotel when she got back! Ugh! I hope NOT! Unfortunately, it is going to be a close call! I hope we will be but you never know! Now we have a man maid who is this little old Japanese man who walks at the speed of a snail. I sort of feel bad for him when I watch him cleaning up but then I remember how he knocks on the door and I get annoyed again. Most times when the maid knocks on the door and I am here I shout "COME IN" from the couch and they come in (though crazy maid normally banged once and then charged in). This guy knocks really quietly but incessantly with no break in knocking. I can hear him practically whispering "house keeping". He does not respond to me saying "come in" so every time I have to get up and open the door for him. Not a big deal, just always seems to happen when I am sitting amidst papers and laptops and books ect!

In other news we verbally committed to buying the house outside the city today. Deaner e-mailed the family and let them know that we did want to purchase it from them and that our financial consultant would be in contact with them. Of course, today is like the 54th German Holiday since we have been here so he won't be in contact with him today I'm sure! If this all works out we are looking at moving in at the end of July/early august. Fingers crossed! So, remember me telling y'all that our former architect was stalking us? Deaner broke down and finally answered the call today at work. It wasn't even the architect herself! It was their financial consultant trying to talk us back into the deal. I think Deaner pretty much told her to buzz off because we weren't interested in working with people who wanted us to defraud a German bank. No thanks! Also, we briefly met another couple who were in the process of purchasing one of the company's condos in the same building ours would have been in. Deaner got an e-mail from him this morning saying that they were having all kinds of trouble with their financing, they thought the condo was WAY overpriced, and they were having serious second thoughts as well. We are meeting them for dinner on Thursday evening to swap stories. Steph, if you are reading this, perhaps this could be a potential new friend for us! I'll take note of her beer drinking skills! If I like her that would bring the total up to 3 friends!! (that includes Steph's husband Jon!) :)

Anyways, it is time for me to go get the laundry out of the dryer. My least favorite part! I don't mind doing any other part but folding clothes stinks! I am always dumbfounded by the amount of dirty clothes we accumulate. Hope everyone has a very happy Monday!

16 comments:

susanne said...

Sounds like you made a good decision cancelling the big condo in town.
Bring on Huey, Dewey, and Louie!

Allison said...

I've totally given up on trying to get people to leave comments. My blog gets on average 100 hits a day, and the highest # of comments I've ever gotten was around 20. Usually it's closer to 7 or 8 :)

And yeah...freaking German holidays. they have like three a month. it's so irritating.

Jon and Steph said...

How fun! It's always great meeting new friends ;)

The Pink Chick said...

What a cute little guy! Don't worry about the lack of comments. I think the pretty weather has everyone out and about more. My comments have dropped a good bit too. I hope things go well on the house! Have a great day!!!!

Fatboy said...

Whenever I leave a comment to help you improve upon your grammar and/or punctuation you become peeved with me. You cannot have it both ways Frau Deaner. Haha

I ran a Google search last night on Hattenheim and didn't find out much. On the map it appeared to have about 4 streets. However, there was a sight re restaurants/hotels that showed 4 very nice looking restaurants with Hattenheim addresses. I also found on some website a copy of a letter written by a GI in 1945 that was postmarked Hattenheim, talking about how he was involved in rounding up about 80,000 German soldiers and SS troops in the spring of 45 right after the surrender. Hard to think of you living so peacefully on thge banks of the Rhine only 64 years after that famous picture of Patton peeing in the Rhine was taken.

Emory said...

I hope you get the house, it sounds like there is lots of room for visitors. And look on the bright side-with a house you can get a dog. I know you would love to get a dog! haha

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Such cute pictures! I have a little nephew that I haven't even seen in person yet, so I can relate to how fast they grow! And that is so exciting about your house - I hope everything goes through :-) Sounds like not getting involved with the previous company was a great thing.

Bamawhitney said...

I enjoy reading all the way over in Arizona. I can not even remember how I found your blog, but I do enjoy! Hope the house deal works out!

d.a.r. said...

I'm back now!!! Sorry, I was busy with the hubs for the last two weeks and I wasn't commenting, though I was reading!

Yay for getting a house! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

Aw! He's precious! My next door neighbor had two children that I babysat and she had another girl in October. I saw her in December when I was home for Christmas, but I didn't see her again until last week when I got home from school... she was SOO big!

:)

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I've been reading! The maid went to Vegas for a month? I'm impressed with that...she must be making more than me!! ;-) Good luck with the house!

c said...

what a darling little boy!

Anonymous said...

Baby is beautiful.........Love the house...I agree with your Mom...and fold the clothes while they're hot...they look better that way...Miss you....and I hope you've found a new friend...!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm back, I'm back!! Sorry! Matt's on R&R for the next 13 days so I've been lagging about 10 hours behind on posts lol.

The baby is sooo cute!

Off The Vine said...

I am still here! I check on you daily! I am back at work..what is going on with Days??

Anonymous said...

I'm a newer reader, but a reader nonetheless...thought I'd introduce myself. :)