Monday, June 22, 2009

Trip To Nuremberg

After an excellent dinner on Friday night and a low key evening Deaner and I packed up and left Wiesbaden around 10:30 or so on Saturday morning and headed to Nuremberg. Nuremberg is about 2.5 hours from Wiesbaden and it was a straight shot the whole way. After arriving and checking into our hotel we all set out to walk around the Alt Stadt. The Old City in Nuremberg is completely surrounded by an old fortification and there are many pedestrian areas through out the area. We were all pretty hungry so we ate lunch first thing at an outdoor restaurant which was great. Deaner ate this (as usual) and said that it was delicious.Here are a few more pictures from lunch. Mia loved her pretzel! So did Deaner since they had a huge jar of mustard on the table to dip it in! You can sort of see the beautiful church in the background.Nuremberg is full of beautiful churches. Here are a few shots of several of them that are located in the Old City. I'm sorry, I really don't know why this is hyperlinking to a picture but the picture is already posted so it isn't worth clicking on!There were also lots of really pretty fountains in the Old City. This particular fountain is ironically enough, called "Beautiful Fountain"! How original!Personally this was one of my favorites!I didn't realize what it was until I got up close! Hilarious!One more slightly bizarre fountain!Here are a few pictures just from walking around the city.After a long day of sight seeing we went to a biergarten for dinner. Mia loved the tziki sauce!I especially loved their really high tech outdoor sound system! HA HA HA!I can't imagine how long that speaker will stay up in that tree tied with a piece of string! It was a very enjoyable evening! The next morning we walked back into town.....in the rain with a broken umbrella! We had lunch and afterwards we went our separate ways. Julia, Daniel and Mia headed to Munich to continue their vacation and Deaner and I returned to Wiesbaden. We won't see the Elkington's until Daniel's birthday on July 6 when we meet them for dinner in Frankfurt! I am sort of sad with them gone for a few weeks but looking forward to them returning to Frankfurt! Plus, Deaner and I actually have a weekend to relax and not travel! I'm off to lunch after a morning of laundry! Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

What a beautiful city! That church is amazing, and that fountain had me rolling! Oh my gosh. Too funny. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those fountain pictures cracked me up!!

d.a.r. said...

Oh my goodness, I am dying laughing about those fountains!! When it comes down to it, my maturity level is on par with a 13 year old.

susanne said...

Any nursing mother can identify with that fountain!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Great pictures - Nuremburg looks like a beautiful town :-)

The Bethell Family said...

Ok you know how much i love to look at pictures rather then words ahah but that photo of meat and what looks like butter is just wrong! haha Love you!