Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hump Day

Is anyone else really looking forward to the weekend? Deaner and I don't have any plans for the weekend and we are really looking forward to it! That's not to say that we won't end up going out or doing something fun but at least we will be in Wiesbaden for the first time in 3 weekends! I'm hoping to chill out and rest up because we leave for Lake Como on Thursday night! Don't be too jealous but our view might look something like the above picture! I am really excited. We fly to Milan after Deaner gets off work on Thursday and we come back home on Sunday afternoon. I have heard that the shopping in Bellagio is stunning and I plan on being ready for it!

What has everyone been up to lately? This week has been fairly uneventful. Today Steph and I took a much needed to trip to Ikea. I got most of the picture frames that I needed! I got one that holds 5 pictures which I put some wedding pictures in and even though this is not a good picture, it gives y'all an idea.I also got individual frames for the little black and white watercolors that I got in Rome!I am really happy with the way they turned out. Now I just need a home to be able to hang them!

The other big news of the day is that Deaner and I FINALLY decided on a TV. We were originally going to buy a 42 inch LCD TV but in the end we decided on a plasma. Supposedly they are a lot better now that they have the whole "burn in" issue resolved! When we went to buy the 42in yesterday we saw that the 50inch was actually only $200 more expensive! So we went with that one! I am so excited to get it to our new house. Unfortunately it is going to be living with us in the hotel until that time comes! Along with the satellite dish and all the other crap we have been accumulating here! Steph went with me to pick it up at the base and then very graciously helped me haul it into the hotel! What a life saver! There was no way in hell that we would have been able to get it back here without their SUV! Thanks Steph!

Now I am just sitting around waiting for Deaner to come home from work. We are having dinner tonight with Jon and Steph and I can't wait for a home cooked meal! It is always fun having dinner with them and getting to catch up. It has been too long!

Only 21 days until I get to go home!!!!! I am REALLY going to miss my husband while I am gone for a week without him. I think that it might be the longest time that I won't have seen him in the 3.5 years that we have been together. BUT, I'm ready for a dose of home and non-hotel living! We are half way through the week y'all! Have a good one!

5 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

The pictures look great!!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I'm always looking forward to the weekend! Sounds like you have lots of things to look forward to.

Chubs said...

In which town on Lake Como are you staying?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's exciting you got a new tv and are getting other things for the house!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. I am jealous! Have fun. :)