Monday, June 8, 2009

Annoying Habits?

Good Monday morning everyone! How was everyone’s weekend? Ours was pretty uneventful if you ask me! The weather in Wiesbaden left a lot to be desired! Yesterday Deaner asked very nicely so we went and ate lunch at a Kebap house. I ate French fries! It was worth it though since he really enjoyed his. We spent the afternoon watching Roger Federer win his first ever French Open and tie Pete Sampras’ grand slam title count. I read the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series most of the afternoon and we were both thrilled when we realized that we were going to actually get the final game in the Ole Miss vs. UVA super regional baseball series.

We have since decided that it is probably for the best that our teams do not normally play against each other because that would be too tense. We are both SO into our college teams that I could see it creating some issues! Thankfully we won’t have to worry about that again for awhile! UVA ended up beating Ole Miss in the 3rd game and I was bummed out. Honestly though, since it was the first Ole Miss baseball game that I watched all season, I can hardly feel too badly about it! Football would have been another issue! (and Ole Miss NEVER would have lost!)

This week is going to be a super busy one! Deaner talked to the current owner of our house this morning and he wants us to come out sometime this week to pick out the stone for the patio that he is going to have installed for us. I wonder how long he will hijack us for this time!!?? Our friends Julia and Daniel are arriving with their 1 year old little girl on Tuesday EARLY morning. I cannot wait to see them! I am sad that we won’t have a house for them to be able to stay with us but Julia’s aunt lives in Frankfurt so they will only being staying 20 minutes away. They are going to be here for 4 weeks so we have lots of adventures planned!! I think that this week I am going to see them on Wednesday and Friday. Friday there is supposed to be a festival in downtown Wiesbaden where the main street will be closed down. I am keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather. I think that Jon and Steph are going to join us too! So many friends in one place!! I’ll hardly know what to do with myself!

Saturday Deaner and I are going to head to Koln (Cologne) with Julia, Daniel and Mia! Deaner has never been before but Julia and I visited there on our last trip together and I LOVED it. Unfortunately we can only stay one night because we have to come back to Wiesbaden for Deaner to work! J,D&M are going to stay the whole week! The following Saturday we are going to meet up with them again in Nuremberg. Both husbands have been wanting to go there so we are going to make the trip. It is only 2 hours away from us and after that J,D&M will be heading to Munich/Berchtesgaden for a week. During that week I think that Deaner and I are going back to England for a work meeting for him but I am not positive about that yet. Then of course we are going to Lake Como for the 4th of July. After that J,D&M will be back in Frankfurt for a day or two before heading back to California! Daniel’s birthday is July 6th so we are planning on having dinner that night in Frankfurt to celebrate. It is going to be really nice having them here for the next month even if they won’t be in Frankfurt the whole time! It is also getting closer and closer to my trip to the States!! Yea!!

My last topic of the day is pretty random. Let me preface it by saying that I am quite aware that I am not perfect. I am sure that I do lots of stuff that annoys Deaner and I am sorry for that (maybe). The question I want to throw out there is……does anyone else have a husband with a really annoying habit? For the most part I think that Deaner is pretty great. I mean, I married him, didn’t I? However, I do find myself getting a little irked (if not utterly annoyed) each and every night when he feels the need to remind me to brush my teeth. As if I am not a 28 year old adult who has been brushing my own teeth for approximately 26 years now. I am not sure why he does it but it is getting old. His reminders normally come when I have either just entered our bedroom and haven’t had time to even make it to the bathroom yet to brush my teeth OR once I have gotten snuggled down into bed to read (sometimes I DO forget to brush). Anyways, my husband has made my dental hygiene one of his crusades apparently! And I am not sure why it annoys me so much! Does anyone else’s husband have an odd annoying habit? Or is it just mine?? Deaner’s other bad habit (but one that doesn’t annoy me at all) is that he is always putting on his underwear backwards!! No skin off my back, I just don’t understand how he doesn’t notice it! He would also put it on inside out if I didn’t make the effort to right side out it before putting it in his drawer. Oh the joys of being a stay at home wife! J I’d love to hear other stories!

I have typed this whole post on My Best Friend, Jr. while riding on the shuttle to meet Deaner for lunch! It just fit right inside my purse! How perfect! Now I will have more time this afternoon to iron work shirts and clean our hotel room! Oh goody! Hope everyone has a great day!

8 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Wow, you guys are going to be BUSY! You have so much going on! We definitely want to go to the fest with you guys on Friday! That will be a blast.

Deaner cracks me up, he should have been a dentist!

Jane said...

Haha! You're lucky you're schools don't play that often. RLA went to OSU and I went to OU ... and we are not friends whenever they play, which is like 30 days out of the year! :) Good thing we are the forgiving type!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

I think every married couple has their little irritating habits :-) For me, it's when Chris breathes REALLY LOUDLY at night (seriously, I have to have 2 fans on to drown it out) and when he promises to clean something up, then doesn't do it and responds with "Oh, I didn't know you meant for me to clean it up TODAY..." Men!

Jenny Georgio-who said...

LMAO. He wears his underwear backwards? That is just hilarious. I almost choked on my lunch!!

My husband's annoying habit is just being messy. He doesn't put his shoes and jacket in a closet. Shoes stay by the front door so I can trip over them and my kitchen chairs are his makeshift counters.

I keep warning him that one day he is going to find his clothes burning in the front lawn.

Fatboy said...

It is a good thing that women almost never have annoying habits.

Newlywed Hostess said...

I bet you are glad to have a friend in the area to visit. I am lucky that both Hubby and I are Bama fans.
And Deaner makes me laugh. Hubby does something similar and it drives me crazy. I repeatedly tell him that he is not my father and needs to stop acting like him. He definitely asks me twenty times a day if I have done it.

Anonymous said...

Good night sleep tight and don't forget to brush.......!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha, yeah Matt has this annoying habit of every morning when he gets up he does this 10 minute yawning session and I think people a block down could hear him.....