Friday, May 8, 2009

Vera Bradley Can't Fool Me!

Not many things make me mad. I consider myself a fairly laid back person and pretty much just go with the flow. HOWEVER, Vera Bradley irritated the fool out of me yesterday and I am not sure I will be ordering anything else from them for awhile. I have been searching for the perfect I.D. holder that I can attach to my keychain. I have to show my I.D. eight million times a day so I figured that the best place to keep it was on my keys. I found a few cheapo looking ones that were still about $25 or so and none were cute. So when one of my readers suggested Vera Bradley and I found this one above, for only $10, I immediately added to cart! I love VB and I know that some people are sick of that quilted look, but I still love my VB luggage and use it all the time for weekend travel. For $10 I could keep looking and if I found one I liked better I wouldn't have broken the bank. Until of course I got to the shipping cost. Any person that has an APO address knows that it is treated JUST LIKE any address in the United States of America. So please someone explain to me how Vera Bradley thinks that it is acceptable to charge $25 FOR SHIPPING to an APO address?!?! I almost fell off the couch! What the hell? The shipping was TWICE as much as the wallet! It's really too bad I wanted it so badly or else I would have clicked off that webpage in a HUFF.......but I NEEDED it. So I shipped it to my parent's house for $8! My mom can probably ship it to me for $2!! Only it turns out when I told my mom this she told me that she had found a SUPER cute I.D. holder for me in Tiffany blue and she had my initials monogrammed on it! DAMN! Since I had only placed the order about 30 minute before I quickly got on the "live chat" with customer service at VB only to be told that the order was already processed and had left the warehouse!!! As if I believe this!! If I had been on the phone with customer service they would have heard me laughing in their ear at this whopper of a lie! 30 minutes?? I think not. Anyways, I'm not inclined to purchase anything else there for awhile (or at least until there is something that I MUST have!). :)

I just returned from our lunch meeting with our architect. We got to see our potential apartment again this afternoon. I took lots of pictures of the place but I am not going to let myself put any of them up until AFTER we are sure we are getting the financing. The architect wanted to meet to go over floor plans and decide what sort of layout we were wanting. Now she is going to draw up a final floor plan so that IF we get financing, we can start right away. I am always SO excited when I leave the building! I promise pictures when we know for sure!

Just a random fact about myself: For those of you who don't know me, I have always been obsessed with the Statue of Liberty! Ever since I was a child it has been my favorite Statue (I realize most people don't have favorite Statues normally!). When I was about 5 or 6 there was a fund raising drive for the restoration of the Statue of Liberty. I saved as many pennies, dimes, and quarters as I could and my parents helped me tape them to a piece of cardboard and send them off to the fund. They said it cost more to ship than I probably donated. When my sister was in NYC years and years ago now, she went to Liberty Island and found my name in the book of donors that had given to the restoration fund!! ANYWAYS, I am watching the Today's Show right now and Matt, Meredith, Ann, and Al were broadcasting from Liberty Island and were allowed to go up into the crown that has been closed since 9/11. They made the announcement that the Statue's Crown is going to be RE-OPENED TO THE PUBLIC!!!! It is like the happiest day of my life!! Of course this has to happen once I move across the ocean but don't think I won't make Deaner take me on a trip to go up in the crown!! I cannot wait!!This picture was taken in 2004 and is of me, my friend Sarah Kate, and my friend Kate (who lives in NYC). Can't you see the genuine JOY on my face!! Don't ask me if we got off the boat. It was really cold that day!! Don't judge! I will be back someday!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!! Time is running out and you don't want to miss out on such a cute gift!!

13 comments:

Tucker Mahoney said...

You mean, your favorite statues aren't the ones at Brookgreen Gardens?!

Lindsey said...

Aw cute blog!!

Jules said...

That shipping cost is out of control and there is no way that it left the warehouse that quickly. Who are they kidding?

I'm watching the Today show too and it's very cool that they're opening the crown again.

Emory said...

That is such a lie they told you. There is no way it had already left!
I love your story of the Statue of Liberty! It seems like you mentioned it one other time on here and I told Bradley the story of your donations. He got a good laugh from it!

Anonymous said...

You are a dork ... I have known you all these years and did not know that about you (statue of liberty that is) ... love you!

Megan said...

I know at our PX, they sell Vera Bradley. You may want to see if yours is the same before purchasing anything online again. That is a rather large shipping price!

Allison said...

Yeah they had an entire display of VB stuff at our px last week...

and did you know that you can mail stuff from one APO address to another APO address for free?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Lady liberty has never looked so lovely :)

Newlywed Hostess said...

You have now given me a reason to trek back to NYC just to see the statue of liberty again. I was sad when I went there last and could not go to the top.
And the shipping is frustrating, I can imagine. I know that several sites have said that they won't ship to APO addresses.

susanne said...

The shipping cost of all your pennies and nickels FAR exceeded the actual donation. You INSISTED that the money be the exact same money you had saved - you weren't too savvy about the way banking institutions and checks worked. Maybe I should have paid more attention to you, given the situation we are in now in this country!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, I'm sorry! I mentioned VB to you! You have to admit though...they do have cute ones haha. I can't believe they were trying to charge you that huge shipping cost! RIDICULOUS!

Laura said...

I'm always shipping things to my parents in the states! However, I don't have an APO address. Cute id holder, though! Laura in Ludwigsburg, germany, come over to baroquebabies.com when you have a chance to say hello!