Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Think it was time??

I recently ordered Deaner a new ball cap because I thought that the one he was wearing was getting a bit raggedy. I ordered from Mincer's, in Charlottesville, and sat back and waited for the long period of time that it takes for things to get to our APO box. I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when it was already here! Only took about 10 days or so! And boy was I right about the hat needing to be replaced! Look at the color difference! I'm pretty sure you can tell which one is the new one!? I had no idea that it was faded this much but now I realize I should have replaced it a long time ago! I probably should have bought two and put one away for next year! I already felt lucky that Mincer's still made the exact same hat.

I forgot to tell y'all this the other day! As we were driving home from our Mexican lunch on Sunday.......BAM!!! Deaner got flashed again! Meaning that he got ANOTHER ticket! This time it must have been for speeding!! Of course I was laughing a little bit but he was really upset this time. Two tickets in one week! He started worrying that he would eventually get so many that he would lose his license! I reassured him that I was pretty sure he wasn't anywhere near this point nor would he ever be. But, he still insists that I need to be the one to start driving! That snapped me to attention! He better not get anymore tickets because I am certainly not going to be the one driving everywhere!! :)

I was feeling pretty good this morning when I got up but now I am just feeling blah again. I just had lunch with Deaner and got back to the hotel. Our clothes are washing and I have to go put them in the dryers in a second. How we have 4 loads of laundry in 3 days, I don't know. We are going to be screwed when we only have 1 washer and 1 dryer. I think we have about another week before we hear about the financing on our apartment. I think we are both getting anxious to find out if we got it or not. If we don't get it, I'll probably cry, because that means that I will have to start stalking housing again looking for a place to rent. I DO NOT want this to happen!

Ok, I'm off to switch the laundry and start ironing Deaner's work shirts. Don't even get me started on that! If you haven't entered my giveaway, click here for entry rules! Hope everyone has a good day!

8 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how different the old hat looks! That's nuts. Glad he got a new one ;)

Off The Vine said...

Hi..You seem alittle down today! I want you to know I am thinking about you and enjoying your posts! Even though I do not know you..I feel like I do now!! Do they have any kind of volunteer organizations there that you could maybe meet some more people? I have to say I have never been out of the country, except Mexico (that doesnt count), so I have no idea what it is like. Just thinking it might be nice for you to meet some other people like Steph..does she have friends there besides you? Also, can you give us some details about this flashing ticket thing..is it like a poll on the street? Have you received the first ticket yet?
Hope you have a good day..I will tuning into Days later today although you will see it first I guess!
Brooke

Allison said...

I think you only get your license revoked if you have a LOT of tickets OR if you are going reeaaaly fast. My friend's husband got his license taken away for a month because he was caught going 100 in a 50 I think...

Fatboy said...

It is the faded crappiness that makes the hat. You have not seen the last of the old hat.

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Hubby (ha!) wears his hats until they get like that too. The white ones are the worst. Ewww!

Driving is actually one of my favorite parts about living here. The drivers are much more focused and respectful. The more you practice, the quicker you will get used to it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! That's a huge difference! Crazy! I'm glad they still made the same exact hat though!

Good luck on the financing! When I went to get my new car this week I was like hmmm...I wonder if I'll get it!

CBM said...

My DH went to grad school at UVA and his hat is looking very worn, as well! Might be time to get him a new one, too!

Good luck with the apartment financing!

Newlywed Hostess said...

That cracks me up about his tickets. I make Hubby drive everywhere because I hate driving. I used to make the long trip to Charleston for college regularly and that wore off any love I had of driving. I prefer to nap while he drives.
Good luck on housing. I will put you in my prayers.
And thanks for checking out my blog. You are so kind.