Thursday, May 21, 2009

Too Funny......

I have the funniest thing to tell ya'll about something that happened to me yesterday. The bathroom in this hotel leaves a lot to be desired but I'm not complaining because we were supposed to have to switch rooms today to a SHARED bathroom. Thankfully last night when the front desk realized that Deaner had his wife with him, we were told we could stay in our private bathroom room. Thank god! Anyways, when you go into the bathroom (it is the size of a closet practically) you are looking at the bathtub/shower combo. Maybe it is a British thing but the faucet for the TUB is on the right hand side end of the tub. The shower head faucet is on the left hand side end of the tub. See my photo demonstration below.They are on opposite ends from either other. Yesterday morning when I realized that I had to turn on the shower head separately I figured it would be best to just get into the shower and turn it on. The shower head was facing directly down so I figured I could turn it on, let it heat up, and then get under the shower head. For some reason I did not take off my t'shirt. I guess I just thought that once it heated up I could toss my shirt out of the door. Easy enough right? Well, I turned on the water and immediately the shower head went from pointing straight down to pointing DIRECTLY at me! In my t'shirt! I screamed since the water was about 10 degrees and shooting all over me! I had to leap out of the tub and banged my knee on the way out. UGH! I had to keep my sleeping t'shirt hanging up all day long so that it was dry for me to sleep in last night. It is pretty dang funny now but it was COLD and WET at the time!

Last night Deaner and I went to dinner with his boss and another co-worker. We drove through Bury St. Edmonds to the little town of Icklingham to eat at this pub, called The Plough Inn.Obviously I forgot my camera and had to find this picture on the internet (it was NOT snowing last night!). It was the cutest little pub and the food was DELICIOUS! I had a filet mignon and it was incredible. BY FAR the best steak I have had since in Europe. Surprising, coming from an English pub. Here are a few shots of the inside of the Inn. You walked in, ordered your beer from the bar, and read the menu off that huge chalk board you can see in one of the pictures. You are then taken to your table and served your dinner.I was highly impressed with the food here. I can't wait to come back if Deaner has another business trip in the future. Tonight we are going to another pub for dinner with one of Deaner's co-workers friends. She is coming to pick me up at 5:00pm at the hotel and apparently I have to hang out with this stranger for an hour or so before the guys are done working. Yuck. That is the last thing that I want to do! I'm sure it will be fine though. We have to leave here really early in the morning tomorrow to catch our flight back to Germany. Once in Germany Deaner will be heading to the office for a few hours while I go change out our clothes to go to Rome. Then we have to head BACK to the airport. It is going to be a long day. I may or may not have time to post anything. I'm pretty sure I will not be bringing My Best Friend, Jr. to Rome so I might be out of touch for a few days. But when I come back I will have TONS of cool pictures to show everyone! Hope everyone has a great LONG weekend!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Oh how I miss pub food! My favorite was going on a Sunday for a Sunday roast and Yorkshire Pudding (not a dessert.) I still try to make a Sunday roast on Sunday's here at home, but it's just not the same!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

That pub looks really cute - how fun! And have a fabulous time in Rome :-) Can't wait for pictures!

Jane said...

LOVE the new blog layout, Sarah!!

The Pink Chick said...

Your story made me laugh! I am not sure I could get used to the whole tub issue. That is so strange!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The restaurant looks really nice!!!!!

Amelia Gleaton said...

So I am sitting here subbing in an English class that is writing an in class essay and it is so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Reading your shower story starting making do the silent laugh to myself, but then quickly escalated to laughing out loud until the whole class was staring at me angrily. A kid actually said, 'geez Ms. G., you are SO RUDE!'

its 2pm on a friday and the kids are more serious than i am.

jacjewelry said...

Adorable pub! I miss England and Scotland (although I spent most of my time in England while I was there for a few months). Great shower story, too! :)