Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rome Day I. Part II.

Here are the rest of the pictures from the Colosseum. I'm pretty sure this was the hottest part of the day. And let me tell y'all, there is NO shade around the Colosseum AT ALL! But it was totally worth it. It isn't like you can go to Rome and NOT go to the Colosseum. When we went to get in line to get into the arena we were approached by some dude speaking English. He was trying to convince us to join up with English speaking tour that was about to start. He kept telling us that we could skip the line which he claimed was about an hour at the current time. Hmmmmm......since I thought that paying 10 euro extra was a little bit extravagant we decided to take our chances and wait in the line. We didn't really want to go on a tour anyway. That is the sort of thing that makes me bored VERY quickly when sightseeing. Low and behold, it only took us 15 minutes in line! What a LIAR! I'm SO glad that we didn't listen to him.One of my favorite things in Paris is the Arch de Triumph so I was really excited to see several versions that were similar in Rome. This one was outside the Colosseum and you could see it through the window openings.Here is a shot of the Forum from inside the Colosseum.When we left the Colosseum we knew we were going to start making our way back to our friend's apartment. However, we still had to go up Palantine Hill (which overlooks the Ancient City) and then walk through the Ancient City. Hot hot hot!! These pictures are from the top of Palantine's Hill.After our trip up Palantine Hill we walked throught the Ancient City. This was one of the coolest parts of the day but it was also when I was at my most tired!So, that was pretty much our first day in Rome! Do y'all believe me when I tell you that I slept like A ROCK that night? Stayed tuned for all my pictures tomorrow! Sunday we spent the day in Vatican City and I have a REALLY funny story to tell. In other news, tonight Deaner and I went out to a restaurant for dinner and he told the waitress "Gratzi" for our dinner. She looked at him a little bit funny but I just started laughing. Tomorrow is a big day for us. We are meeting with the architect to go over our financing ect. I'm really nervous. I think that Deaner has sort of written these people off and I'm scared that we are about to have no place to live. Everyone say a little prayer!! I'll keep you posted!! And there are plenty of great pictures to come! Don't forget that this is my 2nd post of the day and that Part I. is just below if you haven't read it yet!

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Rome is one of the places that I haven't gone. These pictures make me want to book a flight there asap!

Jon and Steph said...

Beautiful pictures!! It looks amazing there.

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

The pictures are great! I'm so jealous :-)

Jenn said...

Oh, Rome. I love, love, LOVE IT. Great pictures!