Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Wonderland

This is what I woke up to this morning. The difference between the U.S. and Germany is that I didn't hear any sort of hype at all that it was going to snow. In the U.S. (well, particularly Atlanta) we would have heard about this inch or so of snow that was coming for days and days in advance. The grocery stores would have sold out of bread and milk (who even eats plain bread and drinks milk? I say go for the junk food and beer!) and people would have started to act a bit hysterical at the thought of a few inches of snow. Deaner and I have both heard rumors that starting tomorrow night we are supposed to get between 5 and 18 inches of snow. I know that is a big difference but the people around here just don't seem to care enough to make a better guess than that! So I did what any good American would have done and I went to the grocery store today to make sure we had enough food JUST IN CASE it did snow 18 inches! I don't think it will happen but you never can tell around here.

In other news, remember me telling y'all about Deaner getting flashed by all those speed cameras way back when? Well the first ticket came last week. It was for the Jeep and there was no picture attached so he has spent the greater part of the week lobbying that it COULD have been me that got the ticket. Nice try, I know it wasn't me. So yesterday the mail comes and there is ANOTHER ticket in the mail! For the Jeep again! And this time there is a picture of Deaner driving attached! SO FUNNY! I am going to try and get Deaner to blow it up and scan it for me but something tells me he won't be as into it as I am. He looks stunned and his mouth is hanging open!

Tomorrow I actually have a few things on my schedule! This has been a very boring and uneventful week for me! I am having lunch with a friend of mine and it will be nice to get out of the hosue. Then we are having dinner tomorrow night with Steph and Jon at one of our favorite places, Brauhaus Castel. Deaner's birthday is on Sunday and Jon's is today so I'm sure we will do some celebrating! Then hopefully we will catch up on some sleep this weekend and finally be back to normal!! What in the world are we going to do with no more college football? I swear, this is the saddest time of the year for me. Perhaps my husband will start coming to bed earlier than 5am now since there won't be any football games to stay up and watch! Happy Thursday to everyone! Friday is right around the corner!

4 comments:

Megan said...

What a beautiful picture!

Don't worry, y'all are not the only victims to the speed camera! Once time, I saw that someone had tried to set one of fire...they must be a bone of contention for several people!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I heard we may get a lot of snow too! It has been snowing a lot lately but just a light trickle...but I agree, there is no hubbub and apparently my school has never been canceled due to snow (despite the fact that many kids get bussed in from over 30 minutes away!) I guess I can't hope for snow days...

Chubs said...

We are supposed to get 1" of snow tonight but on the radar it looks like the "storm" is breaking up. I was looking forward to a dinner of bread and milk mush and watching the big football game. I'll tape it for you.

susanne said...

I wish I were having the sausages and sauerkraut at the Brauhaus Castel!! Yum! Snowing hard here in Buckhead - almost 1/16 of an inch!!