Thursday, January 21, 2010

Interesting day so far........

Today has been a little bit different. Deaner got to sleep in more than usual and his morning meeting was over before 10:00am even rolled around. Which means that he busted me still asleep when he came home afterwards! Thank god it wasn't THAT late!! :) We got to hang out this morning and then had lunch together at a restaurant on base where I actually had a pretty good buffalo chicken wrap. Afterwards I returned to our room while he went out to another school for a meeting. I went on a short walk and came back and jumped in the shower. I was a little more than surprised to find the bathroom floor completely flooded. And it just so happens to be on the day that I got undressed IN the bathroom and left all my clothes on the floor. Ughhhhhhhhh. I called the front desk, who I might add was VERY rude, and they sent maintenance over. Unfortunately we had to switch rooms which means that I had to be the one to pack up all our crap and move rooms. Here is the best part.........Deaner has no idea that any of this has happened. He will arrive back at the hotel and I won't be in the room in which he left me! I left a note on the door but there are maintenance people in and out of there and I hope it doesn't fall off! It isn't like I had any tape to put it up! Moving on........

We have dinner reservations tonight at my favorite restaurant in Icklingham. It is called The Plough and I know I have told everyone about it before. I can't wait to eat a delicious steak with good company. Assuming my "company" is in a good mood. Who knows how long he will wander around this hotel looking for me!

I'm already looking forward to going home tomorrow. I have decided that I am done with England for a little while. Deaner has to come back in a few weeks and I am not allowed to come!! I mind only because he will be gone for a whole week but he will be traveling to all his schools here in England and I can think of things I would rather be doing than riding along in a car with a bunch of engineers!! :)

Alright, I am signing off to go and finish reading my book, The Help. And hope that my husband finds me sometime today!

2 comments:

Peachy Keen said...

Oh no! How annoying! I hope tonight's dinner makes up for it!

I'm reading The Help right now, too, and I absolutely love it!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he finds you !!