Thursday, January 14, 2010

Big Ole Baby News

So this is the post that I have been waiting to write for what seems like FOREVER! I promised that I would be less boring and try much harder to be more exciting, so without further ado, Deaner and I are going to be parents! How much more exciting does it get than that?? If this news doesn't solicit comments than I don't know what else I can do! :) I have been wanting to post about it for a long time now but y'all know how that goes. All I know is that I would never have been able to wait til 12 weeks before spilling the beans. Here is a long story made short!

Back in October Deaner and I decided that we were ready to start tying to have a baby. We both knew that it might take awhile and we were in no rush so we were fine with whatever happens happens. Imagine my surprise when I found out in December that I was pregnant. So much for it taking awhile! We are both SO excited. We found out about the baby a week before we were heading home to Atlanta for Christmas. Somehow I managed not to spill the beans until we got there. Deaner was really surprised at this but honestly I was scared my mom would be MAD at me since we are living so far away! Ha. My parents were anything but mad. We told them on the way home from the airport and then we told Deaner's parents at dinner that night. Of course most of our close family and friends found out while we were home because I wasn't drinking. I can't think of a more screaming detail than not drinking to give away the fact that you are pregnant. Especially when that someone is ME.

We had to wait until today to go to the doctor because we didn't get back from Atlanta until Jan. 4th and the doctor's office was closed until the 11th. I was so nervous to finally go! I decided to go to a doctor here that is American but went to medical school in Germany. She is not affiliated with the base at all but I had heard several good things about her and I like that she is American. Today went smoothly, minus the hour wait where I nearly hyperventilated, and we got to have our first ultrasound!! It was really unbelievable. I think even Deaner was impressed and I was worried about him! We could see little arms and legs moving and the doctor said that everything looks great! Here are the pictures! The doctor said the baby is the size of a gummy bear right now. How appropriate! My favorite!!I do wish Deaner did a little better job at the scanning but he said he was trying not to draw attention to himself at work. Y'all can click on them to make them bigger. Anyways, we go back in two weeks for another ultrasound (I get the impression this doc likes doing them a lot!) and I am already excited!

Keep us in your thoughts over the next 7 months! Oh yeah, did I mention the baby's due date is the day before my birthday on August 25? Can't wait. Also think about me tomorrow as I am subbing for the aide in a kindergarten class! Yikes! I'm scared about that! And sorry for any spelling mistakes, has anyone else's blogger spell check function quit working??

28 comments:

Emory said...

I am a bit bias but I think August is a great month for a birthday!!!

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love your blog and have been reading for a couple months now! I have commented a few times in the past and am getting back into the groove after Christmas. Well, imagine my surprise when the first post I get to comment on since I decided to start being better at leaving comments is this! That is so fantastic! I am very happy for y'all! Congratulations! I know you are so excited!

Jon and Steph said...

I cannot wait to go shopping for baby Deaner with you! I'm so excited for you guys. So glad I got to see you today ;)

Emily said...

Yay! Congratulations! How exciting!

Allison said...

aww! congrats!

and yeah, from what I hear, the German docs do ultrasounds like every appointment...

lifeasfour said...

Wow! Congratulations!! I have a 19 month old son and am expecting number two in July, so I am right there with you. You are going to LOVE being a mommy!

morgan823 said...

I think I've commented once before, but CONGRATULATIONS!! I did a double take when I read the title today. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 week. Motherhood is the MOST amazing thing you'll ever experience. Congrats again!

Sneaker Teacher said...

Such exciting news! Congratulations!

instant student said...

Congrats!

d.a.r. said...

Congratulations, how exciting!!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I'm so glad you finally spilled the beans! Well, to everyone else. Thanks for letting me be special :)

New Girl on Post said...

Yay! Now I don't have to keep it a secret anymore!

I'm so excited for you and Deaner! I'll have to come up your way and visit before you get too busy with baby stuff.

susanne said...

Well, since it's my first grandchild, I've been buying baby clothes for boys AND girls already.
Can't wait for August!! And I LOVE the name Susannah!!

Under this Umbrella said...

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS again! I am so thrilled for you an anxiously awaiting this post. You two are going to be fabulous parents and I am happy I am along for this ride with you, even if it is only in Blogland.

Good Luck tomorrow. You'll do great.

PS-I can't imagine a cuter gummy bear!

Lottice said...

GREAT NEWS!! You - a mother- Deaner - a father - WOW!! Susanne & Fred grandparents HAHA HAHA

The Pink Chick said...

This is so, so, so very exciting! I am so happy for you and your hubby!! Congratulations!!!

Lynn said...

Your right. I came right of lurking to congratulate you!! What a blessing. And good luck with the next seven months of sobriety :)! Babies are such a blessing. Make sure and lets us know how the kindergarteners are for you.

Fatboy said...

Have you considered the names Philemena and Algernon? Melba or Aloyisius?

USCEmily said...

What WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations to you and Deaner- I know you're so excited, as you should be!!

Michael & Ashley said...

YAY! I am so excited for you guys! It is an amazing journey, and I can't wait to hear about it through your blog.

Anonymous said...

Grandma Susannah....Kathy's not a bad name.......and being a Grannie is the best !!!!

Love you Richard Love you Sarah....!!!!!!!!!!

Is it August yet ?????

Newlywed Hostess said...

I am so excited for you two! You will have to keep us updated on the journey!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Oh my gosh - CONGRATULATIONS! That is so exciting :-) I loved the part about the little arms and legs moving - seriously made me go "awwww"!

EmilyB said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an exciting time for you two :) Your family must be sooooo happy for you and Deaner!

Gracie Beth said...

Congratulations

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!

Peachy Keen said...

Congratulations!! What happy news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I also have been reading your blog for a bit. I enjoy reading about your experiences in Germany! Hope that you feel great and have a happy and healthy pregnancy!! :)

Take care,
Sarah in NYC