Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Holiday Monday!

It feels like we have been lucky enough to celebrate several holiday weekends lately and I am certainly not complaining. It is always nice to have an extra day to spend with my sweet husband even if we don't have much to do! I wish that I had had the energy to blog on Friday after my day of subbing for Kindergarten but unfortunately they really took it out of me. Deaner says that around 5:30 or so I asked if we could go to dinner. He said we needed to wait at least another 30 minutes. I apparently announced that I would never make it, laid my head down on the couch, and was passed out within 1 minute. He let me sleep until 6:45pm before waking me up to go out to eat but the night was shot. I was totally disoriented and too sleepy to enjoy anything. I think I went to sleep as soon as we got home that night. Have I mentioned that despite feeling really good so far during this pregnancy, that I have been utterly exhausted? The bigger problem is that no matter how exhausted I am, I haven't been sleeping very well at all. Before I got pregnant, I had definite sleeping issues that required me to take Ambien to sleep at night. Now that I can't take it anymore I have had some serious issues sleeping at night. Of course I forgot to mention this to the doctor last week so it is on the top of my list for our visit next week! Hopefully there will be something I can do to catch some zzzz's!

Saturday we were up bright and early and heading to meet some friends of ours near a base called Ramstein. Deaner has been wanting to see the movie Avatar in 3D and it was playing in English at this particular theatre. It was a nice treat because we got to eat lunch at Chili's first! Yum! Chili's would typically be my LAST choice when we are in the States but it is nice to enjoy some American food while being here. The unlimited refills are really what gets me! Avatar was fine, but I didn't love it. I knew I wouldn't but I wanted Deaner to be able to see it. The worst part? The movie made me really motion sick. Which is odd becuase I don't get motion sick EVER. There were several parts when I just had to close my eyes and chill out. I did NOT feel so great afterwards and it was a long ride back to our house! I didn't feel like eating much for dinner so I had some mac and cheese and relaxed on the couch. We finished up watching the second season of True Blood and started watching the new season of Friday Night Lights.

Yesterday was a LAZY day. After lunch at the PX and a quick trip to the Commissary we found ourselves back on the couch watching Friday Night Lights. We only had to take a short break when I fell asleep for 3 hours! We had frozen pizzas for dinner and it was great! Nothing like a good lazy day. Today has been more or less the same. Lunch at the PX again just to get out of the house. I am making French Dip sandwiches for dinner so the house smells nice. I am also doing some laundry. But don't think I haven't just napped for 1.5 hours on the couch. This baby is draining me!

Tomorrow Deaner has to work a normal work day. I'll be around the house cleaning up and organizing. We have a late night flight to England which I don't think even leaves Germany until 11:50pm or something. Yuck. But it means that we won't have to wake up at like 3:00am to make the morning flight. I have a feeling it is going to be a long boring week for me in England but at least I will have a chance to rest up and enjoy some meals out. Deaner's boss will be there most of the week so I'm sure he will be joining us for dinner some nights. Get this, because it is worth noting, it is actually SUNNY here today! The temperature went above 40 and the sun is out! Snow is melting everywhere around me and it is a glorious sight! I think the last time I saw the sun was in Atlanta so I am counting my blessings! I'll write more tomorrow and perhaps I will have the energy to tell you about my day in Kindergarten. Got to go fold clothes!! Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Pregnant or not, I think Kindergarten can take it out of anyone! I seriously believe that Kindergarten teachers are very special people!

Enjoy England! I'm so sad my parents have moved back to the States, and I don't have a random excuse to go there anymore!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I totally agree with MG!

And about your review of Avatar...we saw it on Christmas in 3-D and I fell asleep! My husband was so pumped to see it and he didn't like it that much either. I also felt like the 3-D effects were not great. I bet you got motion sick more because of the pregnancy because they didn't do all that much with the 3-D!

susanne said...

Maybe you need to take some long walks every day - for the fresh air and some exercise. Might help your sleeping issues. If you think you can't sleep now with a baby the size of a GUMMY BEAT, wait till it's the size of a watermelon!!

susanne said...

OOPS - I meant gummy BEAR!!

The Pink Chick said...

You are a brave woman subbing for Kindergarten! You deserve a lot of rest and a long weekend! :)I hope you are able to sleep better soon!!!

Jennifer said...

I imagine subbing for a Kindergarten class was exhausting! It sounds like you had a good weekend. It was a lot like mine, LAZY! I just laid around, read a boook, did laundry, and ate out. It was wonderful. I really didn't want to go back to work and school today! I hope that you get some good sleep this week!

Mabry Wynn said...

the first 16 weeks of pregnancy i was exhausted...then right about week 17 or 18 i had all of the energy in the world and felt great...be good to yourself and rest as much as you can