Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jolly Old England

Well we are finally here. I get more and more concerned about these Ryanair flights each time I take them. I'm just not really sure how they can be safe. I always feel like the plane is going to rattle apart in midair. Not to mention these pilots are a little sketchy. I seriously wonder how many hours they have to log before being turned loose to fly a Ryanair flight on their own. 10 hours? 20 hours? :)

In other news, I really got a kick out of this guy last night in the airport.The first time I saw him I figured that he must just be rolling that pink suitcase for his wife or girlfriend. Then I saw him again.and I realized that no, it was just his suitcase. Anyone else think this is wierd? I'm just saying. It IS a pink suitcase. I'm pretty sure my husband wouldn't use one. He'd rather carry his possession's in a brown paper sack. And don't laugh, because I think he has done that before! I was cracking myself up trying to take these pictures on the sly. Deaner said I would not be a very good private investigator!

I understand that this is a very random post but I was just sitting here on the bed in the hotel room typing on Facebook to my mom. I heard a weird rumbling noise outside the window (where I might add I have the blinds WIDE open). All of a sudden this buckets raises up and is right in front of my window with a man in it, who starts caulking the window!Thank god I was dressed! You don't see that happening everyday! Today has been a pretty boring day. I walked over the to PX to grab lunch and buy some shampoo and conditioner, which I forgot. Now I am back at the hotel watching TV, typing on my blog, and surfing the internet in general. Hopefully this afternoon will go by quickly!! I am readying a new book called The Help and I am REALLY enjoying it!! I would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a good read. Definitely better than Pat Conroy's South of Broad!! Also, way to go Massachusetts! Finally the country is coming to it's senses! Way to go Scott Brown. Happy Wednesday! :)

7 comments:

Jon and Steph said...

Way to Scott Brown for sure!! ;)

Anita K. said...

I loved "The Help" and have been sharing my copy with friends.

Very happy re: Scott Brown!

Have fun in England!

EmilyB said...

LOLOLOL!! Ohmygosh your comment made me laugh so hard! I would say yes they are...but holy geez, it's so unfair that she's tiny as can be with those boobs! What do you think??

Allison said...

yes, Ryanair always scared the bejeezus out of me...

And YAY for Scott Brown :) Maybe now the stupid democrats will start to wake up and realize that nobody wants their disastrous health care bill!

Sneaker Teacher said...

I bought The Help for my mother in law for Christmas--heard it was fantastic, but I haven't read it yet. I would like to though. Waiting for the paperback!

KT

Anonymous said...

And for sure he has used a brown paper bag.........!

Scott Brown........you did it.....you won and life is good for now........!

Jennifer said...

I have rode Ryanair a couple times and they seriously scared me on one of them. Plus, I know their cheap and want to make money on the "refreshments" but I couldn't stop laughing as they peddled their goods down the aisle every 5 minutes. Have a good trip.