Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sleepless Nights

I think that one of the worst things you could wish on someone is insomnia. It has been the battle that I have been facing lately. I have always had sleeping issues and Ambien has been one of my best friends for a long time now. Unfortunately the Ambien is out the window now that I am pregnant and sleeping at night has been a huge problem. I have never been more tired in my whole life. All I want to do during the day is nap but I don't let myself because I am scared of being up all night. The funny thing is, it doesn't really matter if I nap during the day because no matter what, I can't sleep at night. It is like we turn off the lights and my mind starts spinning. I can definitely think myself into a tizzy. Today I am SUPER sleepy so I am hoping against hope that I can sleep tonight. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday so I am hoping that perhaps the doc can shed some light on what I can do but since she is so strict, I'm thinking she is going to tell me to gut it out. And what is up with having to pee so many times during the night. Really? Three trips to the bathroom a night? Not cool. Off to cook dinner! Before I doze off on the couch.

7 comments:

Allison said...

ugh. I hear ya. My insomnia is so bad that ambien doesn't even touch it...

SO frustrating. Especially when Paul is snoring SECONDS after his head hits the pillow. Drives. Me. INSANE.

Newlywed Hostess said...

I am sorry about the insomnia. My Grandmother, MIL and BIL's Family all swear by melatonin (or something like that). Its a natural supplement and I am not sure if you should take it if pregnant but maybe it might help.
When I have boughts of sleeplessness, I resort to a hot cup of chamomile tea and a hot bath which relaxes me and lets me sleep.

Good Luck!

Chubs said...

Keep exercising. If you get physically tired enough it will eventually overwhelm your brain frenzy. Like the countdown by the way.

Jennifer said...

Sorry about your insomnia. I can imagine how frustrating that is. I have woke up at 2 a.m. the last two nights perfectly awake, and it has been horrible. I can't imagine dealing with that all the time. I hope the doctor can come up with something to help you out.

Michael & Ashley said...

I am sorry that you are not able to sleep. But on the brightside, when you have a newborn that will only sleep during the day and is up all night, it won't bother you.

Anonymous said...

If you can sleep during the day, maybe you should...you do need your rest.....you and the baby will get along famously becasue the baby may not sleep either but hopefully the Dr will be able to give you something to help ...Love the countdown too...Love you both

morgan823 said...

You should ask about Tylenol PM, I've had 2 children and was allowed to take it with both pregnancies. Just a thought.