Sunday, March 28, 2010

Progress on the Room Switch

So, before I show the progress that I made this weekend I had to share this first. I forgot to post about it on Friday and I think it is worthy of mention. Now I know I mentioned before that Germans think it is appropriate to bring their dogs with them everywhere. Not being a big dog fan myself, I find this pretty obnoxious. I mean, I just don't want to look at your dog while I am eating my dinner. Thursday night Deaner and I went to our favorite "fancy" restaurant for dinner. I was appalled when someone walked in with their dog. Of course they sat at the table right next to us. Sick. Then they freaking put food out for their dog! So not only did I have to LOOK at their dog, I then had to HEAR him eat his dinner! Unreal. After he was finished chomping his dinner, the waitress brought him a bowl of water. Before she even brought the humans their drinks. Sometimes I think I am living in the twilight zone.

Friday evening Deaner and I moved all the furniture from the former guest bedroom, to the new guest bedroom. Before y'all go and yell at me, the furniture was not that heavy and I didn't have to strain to pick any of it up. I am happy with the way that the new guest bedroom turned out with the exception of one large ugly military issued closet that doesn't fit in the room but was too heavy to move. Here is a picture of the old guest bedroom.The new guest room is actually bigger I think than the old one and it just up a flight of stairs. The new guest room could use a coat of paint and a new carpet but that just isn't going to be happening right now. I hope that it will satisfy all our guests.Like I said, I could do without that giant shrank (closet) in this new room but I'm not sure where to put it for now. The old guestroom/new baby's room is going to take me awhile. Everything needs to be painted, the ceilings are high, the exposed beams are painted BLUE, as are the door frames, window frames and baseboards. I'm anticipating it taking awhile. Sunday I was restless and didn't feel like lying on the couch all afternoon so I started painting one wall. Again, before there are any screams, paint in Germany is not latex or oil based and there are no fumes. It is perfectly safe for me to paint the walls. I'll leave the extremely high parts to Deaner though. The walls are going to be a khaki color. I'm sort of nervous that the pillow sham that I had matched to the paint was a bit dark but there is no turning back now. Here are just a few pics.I have a long way to go. We are having HUGE issues with having the crib and changing table shipped here and it has been one huge headache after another. Anyways, it hasn't been shipped yet and therefore I have plenty of time to get the room in order!

Today I had to do some errands including going to the commissary (again), hit up the base hardware store for more paint tape and the German Home Depot (Hornbach) to get a cream color paint to paint the baseboards. I love having a project!! I'll make sure to post some more pictures soon!! Hopefully there will be more progress! Happy Monday!

7 comments:

susanne said...

WOW - you really have done a lot! Yes, leave the high parts to Deaner. THe room is going to be adorable.

Jennifer said...

The room is going to look great! I really like that color!

Lyndsey said...

Could you paint the ugly closet? Thinking of the cool things you did in the laundry room.....can you tell that I am a loyal reader? Like maybe a cool Atlanta scene or something like that....

The Pink Chick said...

You have been super busy! The new guest room looks great!

Under this Umbrella said...

You have been busy and I agree that having a project can be fun. I can't wait to see the finished project...it will look fantastic. When are you headed to GA? Have a great week?

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think the rooms are going to look great. Hope everything with the furniture works out.

old dad said...

new guest room looks great. I am sure Evans room will turn out perfect. Take is easy!