Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby Evans' Room

Good grief. I have been working my tail off in the baby's room this week! I love having a project though and it really helps the day fly by. Unfortunately I am one of those people who can't seem to stop working on the project at the end of the day. I haven't slept very well the past few nights because all I can think about is what I am going to be working on the next day. That and the fact that last night I had to get up FIVE times to pee. Maybe all that sparkling water and SOUP for dinner wasn't the best idea. I keep telling myself that I am going to get up bright and early to work on the room each morning but this time change has got me all out of whack! Maybe tomorrow! SO, today was a very big day for me. I got ALL the walls painted (including second coats) and including the parts that I didn't think I would be able to reach. As it turns out, the tall ladder that George lent us is just high enough for me to reach the ceiling. It wasn't a big area to paint and yes, I know Deaner would have done it but I just didn't feel like waiting. After all the walls were done and the tape was taken down I started on the window trim and the door frame. Just a brain refresher, the window frames and door frame are painted in an extremely bright blue, just like the lovely carpet. Here are the before pictures.Now, my walls are the loveliest khaki color that matches the crib bedding perfectly and the door frame and window frame are a shade darker. I am really happy with how it turned out!As you can see in the last picture, I started taping the beams and put the first coat on the parts I could reach. I am really really happy with the way that the window and door turned out. It was a bit tedious as it took FIVE coats to cover up that hideous blue. I am anticipating the beams being just as awful but it will be worth it I think in the end. Deaner forgot his work out clothes for the gym today so when he came home he worked on taping the rest of the beams. I'm hoping that they will be done by this weekend. I am not sure that I have shared this part yet but it is one of my favorites. On this particular wall.....I am going to copy this tree.Well, let me clarify, my friend Anne is going to paint this tree, definitely not me. I am going to make the birds blue I think. Anne is an awesome artist and I know that she will make it perfect. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Since she is starting a new job this week I am not sure exactly when we will get it done but hopefully soon. Then the crib will go in front of the tree. The tree will be in the same color brown as the windows, beams and door frame. If you can't tell, I am really excited about all of this!! I'm surprised that is seems to be coming together. The last HUGE hurdle is the carpeting. I am going to have to get brave and go looking for some soon! Oh yeah, I also have to paint all the baseboards. They are currently detached from the walls and lined up in the guest bathroom. That will probably take another day.

So that has been my day! Hope that y'all enjoy the pictures. I sure like doing the work so I like to show it off! I'm also going to be hosting an Emma's Closet give-a-way as soon as Emory gets settled into her new house so stay tuned! Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

instant student said...

That looks great already and I can't wait to see the room all finished and furnished!

(this makes me want to have a baby too, haha)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, everything looks great! Can't wait too see the finished product. Be careful on the ladder!
Michele

susanne said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, pretty much all awesomeness! Looking good. How's the crib stuff coming along?

~Heidi

Anonymous said...

yeah, love it. Looks good. How's the crib coming along?

~Heidi

New Girl on Post said...

I love the blues...and I love that tree idea!

Anonymous said...

It looks great.....!!!!!!

d.a.r. said...

Oh it is going to be gorgeous!!!