Thursday, March 18, 2010

Against My Will - Belly Picture

I have really gone back and forth on whether or not I was going to do this but let's face it, I have been pretty boring lately. It is pretty easy for me to hide all the way over here in Germany and not let anyone see my growing belly and honestly, that suits me just fine. I was 17 weeks pregnant yesterday and as I was getting dressed to head out to my Spouses Club lunch I figured it might be about time to sport a pair of maternity jeans. I am still able to wear my normal jeans but since I was wearing a more fitted top, my fat belly was going to be a bit more obvious. I can still hid behind button down polos (and probably will for a few more weeks!) but yesterday I decided to just go for it. I am almost half way through this pregnancy after all. My dad accused me of "poking it out" farther than it was, but you can rest assured, I'd rather not do that!!I actually felt like I LOOKED pregnant yesterday. I think that the difference is that when I wear my regular jeans, I can disguise the "muffin top" with a large shirt. When I wore the maternity jeans, my belly was free of all constraints and had nothing holding it back! I know the quality of the picture isn't great and sorry you can see all the million and one cords hiding behind our TV but that is the only large mirror in the house where I could take it. And don't get used to these, I only did it because I was feeling very brave. A moment like that might not strike again for awhile. Today I am back to wearing my roll over yoga pants that do a very nice job of holding that belly in! Coupled with a long sleeve t-shirt, you might just mistake me for being a bit plump! :)

Today is a beautiful day here in Germany and I am still trying to decide how I want to spend it. I don't have to leave the house until around 3:30 to head to the base and pick up Deaner's skiis from the outdoor rec place. Then I am heading to Steph's house to get some much needed highlights in my hair. From there I will head to Frankfurt to pick up my beloved husband from his flight from Manchester. I'm thinking we will eat out somewhere easy, gas up the car and come home and pack for our weekend in Garmish. So now I have roughly 2 hours to myself and I can do whatever I want. If only I HAD something to do! :)
As I was admiring the beautiful weather out the window this morning I was very surprised to see this.A solid 8 inches of bird crap right in the way of my view when I look out the window. I know that the angle I took the picture from all you can see is the neighbor's house but when I look up into the vineyards it is all I can see as well. I know I need to clean it off but that is just gross! It is supposed to rain here this weekend so maybe I will see if that does the trick first!

Anyways I'm off to try and get some things done! It's almost time for the weekend (a long one for us!) and I for one can't wait. Even despite the fact that we are leaving for the Alps very early tomorrow! Lord help me!

18 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

I think you look so cute! I don't see why you'd want to hide it at all.

I'm glad you did share the pic though. I've been wondering how you are.

morgan823 said...

Yay for a belly picture!! You look cute!! I think this should be a weekly thing! ;)

Steph said...

Yay for the belly pic! You'll be happy you did it when your baby is here and older! :)

Emory said...

Very cute belly pic!

Jane said...

Sarah, you look so cute!!

Also, I thought the bird poop was a huge stain on the side of your neighbor's house when I first looked at it! (Obviously I'm firing on all cylinders this morning..)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

You look darling!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Cute belly! You are so tiny!

EmilyB said...

I love that belly pic! You look so chic and adorable!!

Sneaker Teacher said...

You look great! Thanks for sharing the pic!

Jennifer said...

Yay for a cute belly picture! You look absolutely beautiful! Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Yay!!! You look so great Sarah!!! Congrats!!!

Unknown said...

Please don't try to cram my grandbaby into too small pants!! He needs lots of room to grow!!

d.a.r. said...

You look SO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

You look great........Love the picture........!

The Granthams said...

So cute, Gleatie!!

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute! Aren't maternity pants so dang comfy (though probably not as comfy as yoga pants) :)

~Heidi

MMM said...

Lookin' good Mama.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gleatie,
I just found this in the world wide web, perhaps it might help you
http://www.amiexpat.com/2007/09/30/buying-baby-stuff-in-deutschland/
Good luck for you and your baby
Anja