Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not At Our Best

Evans has had a rough week. Just in case you can't tell by the withering looks he has been giving me all week long. After he managed to shake the stomach bug he had on Sunday, he was fine on Monday and went to school on Tuesday. Wednesday was a disaster. Evans cried all morning until I was convinced that something was wrong with him. He didn't want to leave my lap or stop wailing in my ear so I panicked and took him to the pediatrician. He had hardly eaten since the stomach bug but I was mainly concerned that something was wrong that I couldn't see. After hauling him to the doctor's office and discovering that he was FINE, I started to get concerned that it was just an attitude adjustment that we needed. His doctor told me that he was just feeling puny from having a virus, he didn't have to eat if he didn't want to, could have tylenol/motrin every four hours AND could go to school because he wasn't contagious. Thankfully we didn't have school on Wednesday or Thursday because there is no telling how Evans would have acted during this funk. I couldn't even capture all the ugly faces I have received the past few days but they make me chuckle and I like the one above best. He looks so annoyed with me.

Today has been as bad behavior wise as yesterday. Evans is still not wanting to eat much and since the doctor said that it was fine, I haven't minded letting him subsist on goldfish. However, when I came into the kitchen this afternoon and found this....I have to admit I was a little concerned. In case you can't tell, this is a giant plastic tub of DOG FOOD. The top screws on. It takes about 4 complete twists to take it off yet Evans didn't appear to have any problem opening it. It must have been the delicious aroma wafting through the airtight container. I can't comment about whether or not I think he ate any of it. He was not pleased when I informed him that he could not have anymore.

As I was feeding Molly this afternoon Evans decided that his favorite toy on earth was a red plastic wiffle ball. He could not part with his wiffle ball and when it rolled just out of his reach behind the sofa, you might have thought it was the end of the world. I told him I would get it for him as soon as I was done feeding Molly but apparently that was not fast enough for him.I watched as he managed to move this entire end table by himself and attempt to wedge himself between the couch and the wall. When none of this worked I had to listen to sobbing until I could retrieve the wiffle ball. Sigh.

There were three highlights to the day. The first was that tomorrow is Friday and therefore a school day. It might be an early release day but hopefully playing at school will snap Evans out of his mood (and I still have a story about school). Second, I got to see my cousin Thomas's "really long train" this morning before he went off to school.I think that Jennifer might have had some trouble finding her footwear for work but the flats add the "really long" aspect to the train. I also love how it is been led by a tractor driven by a farmer. Lastly, I got to capture this awesome video of Evans walking to me.
I've tried to lay off on my strict walking practice since he hasn't felt good. That is probably the only reason why he feels the need to use his tongue as balance. We are getting there! Thank god tomorrow is Friday and here's to hoping for a happier weekend!

4 comments:

Tucker Mahoney said...

That walking video is fantastic! Hoping for a better weekend for you!

The Koch Family said...

Love the looks! Not sure our kids will appreciate how comical they are to us as they get older and realize were laughing at them...hene! I'm not sure what the dog food obsession is. We have that problem at pur house too!

Candace Shiflet said...

awhhh that walking video is so cute :) Your son is adorable!

Lovely Little Rants

lifeasfour said...

My children always acted like that when their molars were coming in...just a thought! Have a good weeend and I hope things improve soon!