Monday, January 9, 2012

Back In The Swing of Things

Today is our first day back in our "semi-normal" routine. I realize we are a week later than most people but Deaner didn't leave to go back to Germany until Saturday afternoon so Evans pretty much got an extra week of relaxing. I knew this morning that Evans was exhausted since he slept from 7:15 last night until I had to wake him up at 7:45 this morning. He didn't even politely request a snack at 4:00am which I have taken to ignoring anyways. As I was piddling around the kitchen getting breakfast together I glanced over to see this. I suppose that this is how Evans feels about being woken up in the morning instead of being allowed to rise naturally. I have to admit that it made me laugh out loud. I rarely see a moment when he isn't emptying the tupperware cabinet or climbing the stairs without permission but I imagine that most people have had moments where they feel like lying in the middle of the kitchen floor would feel better than any alternative! I know that I feel like this roughly 1-2 times a day!

We had a fairly uneventful weekend and I hate to report that I don't have anything too comical to share. Friday night we took Evans to eat Mexican and he discovered cheese dip.I know that it looks like the cheese dip is actually frightening him here but that did not stop him from devouring it along with some spicy salsa. He also has a little bit of the mad scientist look going on with his hair but that doesn't mean he will be getting a hair cut anytime soon.

Tomorrow is a school day and Mama and Evans are looking forward to it. Deaner got a great report on Friday and the teachers said he didn't cry at all and had a fun day. I wonder if teachers lie sometimes? Also, a funny side note, remember the "missing" white turtleneck that coffee spilled all over? His teacher reported to Deaner that it has been "misplaced" and we should just keep the white turtleneck that he was sent home wearing. Hmmm. I think I'm just going to have to let this one go. I think it is weird that an article of clothing such as the SHIRT you are wearing could be lost but oh well. It's a good thing I bought 5 of the same white turtlenecks. That's all I have today! Hopefully more to report tomorrow!

1 comments:

Hatton said...

sounds like the white & coffee turtleneck was misplaced in the trash!