Tuesday, September 15, 2009

R.I.P. Captain Jack

I don't have any good reports today. My sweet grandfather, Captain Jack, passed away about an hour ago. He might smack me for calling him sweet but he was and I miss him already. I'm pretty homesick but I know that he is in a better place now and that he was ready to get there. I've known this was coming for several weeks now but it still blows my mind that I found out less than a month ago that he was sick with cancer. I think I'll just and vacuum some to try and wear off the shell shock. At least maybe my house can reap some benefits.

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you, and my prayers too.

EmilyB said...

SO sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs and prayers for you.

USCEmily said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's very tough to lose a grandparent, especially one you were close to. I understand what you're going through- hugs and prayers to you, my friend.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Blessings!

Under this Umbrella said...

I am so, so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. I have only returned about an hour ago from my trip for my grandmother's funeral and burial.

This is still so fresh to me as well and I know how hard it is to lose these sweet and wonderful people in our life.I am here if you need anything and thinking of you.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm sorry to hear this!

The Granthams said...

So sorry about your granddad, Gleatie. Thinking of you guys...

miasmom said...

Thinking about you Sayrah ... lots of love.

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Beautiful Picture.....Love you both....Such a sad sad day......!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

So sorry to hear that! I will pray for peace for you and your family today. Will you be going back for the funeral? It's so hard being here when stuff like this happens!

Nicole Dever said...

Hugs

instant student said...

I am so sorry to hear that! :(

Newlywed Hostess said...

I am thinking about you and your family during this difficult time.