Monday, September 14, 2009

Home again home again

Jiggity jig! God, I never thought I would be so happy to return back to Germany. Back to the land where I can't understand anything and where my only true chore is to go to Ikea weekly! Deaner and I got in LATE on Friday night but that did not stop us from booting up the laptop when we got home to see if our internet was working. You will never believe this, but IT WAS!! It was better than the miracle on 34th Street!! I was almost too excited to sleep! :) I feel like I am truly a member of the world again.

Saturday we spent the day grocery shopping, cleaning and going to the hardware store. Deaner bought all the things he needed to convert our bath tub into a shower. Wish us luck on that. He is going to attempt it tonight. I'm hoping that we won't have to have more than one attempt! We have been showering in the guest bathroom but since I have a friend coming in town on Friday, it is time to figure out to use our own bathroom! Saturday night we had some friends over for dinner who we haven't seen in a long time. It was a blast! After they left Deaner and I stayed up for the UGA vs. South Carolina game. It didn't kick off here until 1:30am!! I can't believe it but we actually watched the whole game! It was after 5am by the time we got in bed! Needless to say that we slept VERY late on Sunday! Sunday we just did stuff around the house, cooked dinner, and watched some NFL. It was a very relaxing weekend!

There isn't much to report from today. I went to the PX this morning and bought this contraption for our laundry room where I can hang clothes up right after they come out of the dryer. They really should have said in the directions that you needed two people to put it together. I would get half of it up and it would collapse before I could get the other side up. FINALLY, I got it done even though I had to use a hammer (you weren't supposed to need tools at all!) I also found my Clinique make up at the PX even though they are always out! I guess that was a stoke of luck! After that outing I hit up a German grocery store and stocked up on wine. I have found a South African Cabernet Sauvignon that I love and it is only 2.50 euro a bottle. Wine here is SO much less expensive than in the states. I bought 8 bottles at the first place for 17 euro and 4 bottles at the next place for 18 euro. Now I am sitting here at 5:30pm wondering if it is too early to open one of them now?? :)

Tomorrow I will do my weekly trip to Ikea to get a few more things before my friend gets here. Also, our second refrigerator is being delivered in the morning! Yea!! Finally I won't have to stack things on top of each other to make them fit! More tomorrow! Hopefully I will have more exciting things to report! I still never got any Christmas gift suggestions and now I am soliciting for people's favorite recipes! I am trying to add some new dishes to the rotation!

4 comments:

susanne said...

Hooray for Internet! Glad you stayed up for the whole GEORGIA game and it ended with a big W for us!!

The Pink Chick said...

I am so excited for you that your internet is working! Technology is so wonderful, but so frustrating when it doesn't work! I am glad you got to see the GA game! Go Dawgs!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you made it back and you have internet!!! Good luck on getting the bathroom done!

instant student said...

Great to hear that it finally works!

Now that yours works, let's see how they will do with mine. *lol*
I am moving on Saturday and have to get it installed at my new place too...