Monday, July 13, 2009

Three Things You Did Not Know About Me!

Ok, so I am trying something new today. I sure hope that it works because I haven't participated before and I don't want to screw it up! My friend Emory at Emma's Closet & The Eison Family told me about the weekly Blog Hop that she participates in and I figured I would give it a try! Since I am not exactly sure how it works, I will probably have more to say about it once I get this posted!! The idea is that a specific topic is given once a week and all people participating post with the same theme. This week, as you can see, the title is 3 Things That You Did Not Know About Me. So here it goes......

1. When I was 8 years old I was part of a front page story in the USA Today newspaper. A reporter came to my house when I was in 2nd grade and interviewed me about my NINTENDO PLAYING SKILLS!!!!!! HA HA HA! It was awesome. I was the cover story! Don't believe me? Ask Fatboy/Chubs. I'm sure he will chime in on the comments to confirm this. I received two free Nintendo games for doing the interview (one of which was Super Mario Brothers II. before it was released) and I had to leave basketball practice early to do the interview. The most scandalous part was that they printed my Mother's age and she was TICKED. And to think she was like only 37 at the time!

2. I know that most of my close friends know this but while I appear to be adventurous, moving across the world as a newlywed and all, I almost refuse to try new things to eat. I have the WORST palate ever. Most of my friends say that I only eat things that are white. Ha! I will not TOUCH anything born or raised in water. Sick. It makes me gag to think about it. And sometimes I get really sick of people telling me what I am missing out on. I don't think I am missing out on anything since I hate it! If I order something in a restaurant that I don't like, I can't eat it. Plain and simple. I eat the same things as a 5 year old and I like it. Since I love steak so much, why would I order something else in a restaurant and risk the chance of not liking it? Thank you! (I also don't like drinking water!)

3. I am a fantastic Halloween costume maker! I love Halloween and while we don't dress up for it every year, on the years that we do, I go all out. Here are a few examples of my handiwork!This chicken costume was really great! I don't even think that it was all that expensive to make. And yes, those are rubber kitchen gloves on my feet. No shame. Here was our costume from this past year. I can't even say how great it was. However, there was a bit of an expense issue. I think I got away without telling Deaner how much those things ended up costing me but holy crap! Does anyone know how expensive fake plastic leaves are!?!?!The Jolly Green Giant and Sprout were a huge hit!

Hopefully those are three things that weren't widely known about me! :) If you didn't read my post from yesterday, the stories about Deaner were really funny. He says that he is going to start a blog of his own and write embarrassing things about me! I'll just deny them! Happy Tuesday! I'm heading to the States tomorrow! If I don't get to post, that is why!


MckLinky Blog Hop

10 comments:

megan said...

Great post! I really love the costumes. And im with you I dont try new foods!

Jon and Steph said...

This is such a fun idea! And I cannot believe you were a killer Nintendo player.... that's awesome ;)

The Sweet Life said...

I could not agree with your number 2 more...I am so picky that if I got to a nice restaurant you can bet your bottoms that I am going to order off the kid's menu!

chubs said...

I'll chime in - The funny thing about that USAToday article is that it was written by a very young reporter named Mark Mayfield. Since his ground-breaking story on the "bubbly 8-year old," Mayfield went on to be editor in chief of several magazines - House Beautiful, Traditional Home, Southern Accents, etc.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love your halloween costumes! I can't believe you made those! They are awesome!

confused homemaker said...

I love the chicken feet, very creative!

happy hopping:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the brown couch said...

I married on a Saturday in Michigan and landed in Queensland, Australia three days later. I know what it is like to be a newlywed and adjust to a new country. Hang in there...and enjoy it!

Poppin'over from Brown Couch Events
browncouchevetnts.blogspot.com

and Comfort Joy Designs
comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

Deborah

P.S.
You are invited to my Stella & Dot Jewelry Party happening all week at Comfort Joy Designs! Hope to see you there!

Unknown said...

Let's not forget your love of fabulous Halloween costumes began with your Aunt Dee providing STELLAR costumes all through your childhood. Who could forget the fabulous Tweety Bird and Sylvester the Cat costumes?? Your entire elementary school was agog.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

great 3 things :o)

...a celeb
...I eat almost everything (except, things wit textures like liver, octopus (havent ever had octopus, ubt I can imagine the texture, ugh!) ...and it would make watching my weight easier, if I didnt eat everything!)
...so creative with the costume making...love the chicken feet!