Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Like.....

You have come to the end of the internet? What a helpless feeling! Casey at Ever-Changing Life of a Military Wife and I talked about this yesterday and what it boils down to is that sometimes I am just plain old BORED! I have a routine that is pretty similar everyday. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is check my e-mail on my iphone. I was way too cheap (a.k.a. poor) when I lived in the States to pay for the service on this phone but I have to say that I am in love with it now. What is better than being able to roll over in bed in the morning and immediately check your e-mail?? Nothing in my opinion! After my e-mail I normally head over to my blog to see if I have gotten any new comments while I was sleeping (see people? I really do appreciate comments!) Then typically I read through all new status updates on Facebook. Pretty fun routine right? Ha. It gets old fast! While I try to reserve most of my e-mail responding for the bigger laptop I REALLY enjoy the iphone.

Once I am out of bed and going in the mornings the computer is still a pretty large part of my day. Right this second, here is a list of the internet sites that are saved in my temporary internet files.

www.gleatieanddeaner.blogspot.com (I rarely go to blogger.com)
www.ebay.com
www.facebook.com
www.hotmail.com
www.googlemail.com (you can't just enter gmail.com here!)
www.survivorsucks.com
www.jokersupdate.com (I think that both those last sites are sites that Deaner looks at to read about Big Brother, the show that he is frighteningly obsessed with!)
www.bankofamerica.com (joint accounts)
www.wachovia.com (my person run away from home money)
www.google.com
www.shutterfly.com
www.weather.com
www.evite.com
www.delta.com
www.ryanair.com

Bottom line? By the early afternoon I have nothing left! Where do y'all go when you reach the end of the internet!?! I need some new fresh ideas of sites that I can hit up when I get bored like this! Please feel free to suggest your favorite sites that I can spend some time perusing! I'm sure that everyone can benefit from this. I know my husband will be eternally grateful if y'all can help me spend MORE time on the laptop! HA HA!

Not much else is going on. I am just readjusting to being back in Germany. Yesterday I took a two hour nap in the afternoon I was so exhausted. I was really irritated when Deaner still required me to go to the gym. What a slave driver! For those of you that are Facebook friends as well, I already shared my opinion, but I am starting to feel like Deaner should pay me to go to the gym with him! He does not necessarily feel the same way! Well, really what he said was "What is the point, you already get all my money anyways"! True I suppose. At one point he said if I did 10 more bicep curls I could buy a new piece of sterling. Dumb move since I easily hammered out ten more. What wouldn't I do for more sterling?? Then he changed his mind and said that he was only giving me the opportunity to EARN sterling if I did everything he said for a whole WEEK in the gym. NOT worth it!

This afternoon we will head back to the gym (barf) and hopefully get to eat dinner out afterwards. We have been so lazy lately when it comes to eating out that we have been sticking to the hotel restaurant or stopping by the PX for Subway on the way home from the gym. Needless to say, I am sick of all those options. Especially since I think that Subway sandwiches have the slimiest turkey ever. Deaner has to go to London on Monday and stay until Wednesday and tickets are so expensive that I think that I am getting left here in Wiesbaden. :( I don't know what I am going to do all ALONE for three days! We are hoping we get the key to our new house this weekend so perhaps I can get some work done in it. Guess we will see! I'll keep y'all updated!

10 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I read TMZ.com a lot. That usually keeps me entertained for a bit. :)

Under this Umbrella said...

Etsy.com and People.com....you have to stay in the celebrity look. Plus, you need to know if fab celebrities might be coming your way.

YAY for the new keys...hope you get those keys this weekend!!!! Keep us posted.

susanne said...

Molly Lou Gifts - you crack me up!!
Sarah - GET A JOB!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I also hit up tmz.com but I also go to
etsy.com
forever21.com
deepdiscount.com

Fatboy said...

You are falling down on football season preparations. These are all good.

Dawgs!
http://georgiasports.blogspot.com/

Hilarious, even if written by Gators, really!
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/

Excellent College Football - General
http://www.fanblogs.com/

Link to all US Sports Pages - Invaluable
http://www.ussportspages.com/content/regional/west.shtml

Rebels, What else?
http://www.redcuprebellion.com/

Mr. College Football - Barnhart
http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/

Chubs said...

The Onion

http://www.theonion.com/content/

cass2177 said...

HI Sarah!

I feel your pain because I am very bored here in Norfolk! I really like the website: http://www.younghouselove.com/

It is written by a young couple in Richmond who have been working on their first house for the past 2 years. Maybe you can get some ideas for your new place? I certainly have!

Good luck!

Caroline

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

So, you have gotten quite a few recommendations :o) I'm afraid I won't be including any possible computer sites to recommend, but wanted to comment...

Oh my! As it is, since becoming part of the blog world...I have been spending way tooo much time on the computer... and I let one week pass-catching up on blog reading is near impossible!

So, I agree with Susanne that Molly Lou Gifts is too funny! haha (although, I do find myself finding "yet ONE more" interesting, funny, inspiring thing on-line to add to my reading/checking-it-out list!) so, before I finally get a job (graduated from Dental Hygiene & licensed since June), I hope to get this computer time organized and down to an-hour-a-day computer time...instead of "I won't even say" the butt-numbing hours I have been known to do!

and I'm impressed with your hubby and your work outs (haha, even if you are not totally enthusiastic!)

Auntie M said...

I just want you to know I love your blog Auntie M from new jersey

Amelia Gleaton said...

You should use stumbleupon... greatest time killer EVER!