Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brussels, Belgium

I know that I owe everyone the picture of the upstairs of our new house but I figured that y'all might want to see some pictures from Belgium first. Deaner and I left early on Thursday morning to head to Brussels so that he could get to a meeting at 1:00pm. Thankfully the weather held off and I got to do some exploring when we got there and Deaner had to work. There isn't a TON to do in Brussels but the architecture was certainly beautiful enough to hold our attention for the day! This first picture is of the Stock Exchange in Brussels. It is the first building that you see when you walked out of our hotel on the way to the Grand Place. Two blocks past this building you entered the Grand Place which is a great treat for sightseers. Here are just a few pictures from the Grand Place.For those of you who have been to Brussels I am sure that you have seen the famous Mannequin Pis. This statue of a little boy peeing makes headlines in all major travel books as a "must see" in Brussels. All I have to say is "OH PLEASE"! I read reviews on Trip Advisor prior to seeing the Mannequin Pis so at least I wasn't sorely disappointed! This statue is really little but I still enjoyed seeing it. It is just a little odd. They market this statue in Brussels the same way that Parisians market the Eiffel Tower! And it just isn't that impressive! Cute and worth seeing but certainly not awe inspiring! :)
We decided that we would have dinner at a restaurant right on the Grand Place so that we could enjoy the views. Our food was surprisingly good (although overpriced!) but it was the atmosphere that was excellent!We even enjoyed a few of these.........Yum!! All and all it was a nice little trip for one night. I think that Deaner will be working here often and I especially enjoyed staying here!The air conditioning, black out drapes, and down comforters put the American Arms Hotel to SHAME! I'll go back to Brussels ANY time! After we got back on Friday afternoon we headed over to Jon and Steph's apartment for dinner, drinks and HAIR CUTS! I can't tell you how badly Deaner needed a hair cut! Thankfully I am all highlighted now and he is all trimmed up! We can officially go back to Atlanta looking good! I am super excited about heading home on Wednesday! I am not super excited about the 10 hour 10 minute flight that I am facing sitting next to someone that is NOT Deaner! Boo!! Anyways, I have tons to do in the next few days to get ready to leave. Including, that's right, laundry. I'm going to try and get Deaner to do it today! I will put the rest of the house pictures up tomorrow so stay tuned!!

8 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Glad you had a nice time Brussels :-)

Allison said...

very nice :) I liked Brussels...but I liked Brugge better! Y'all should definitely make it over there, too!

New Girl on Post said...

Brussels looks beautiful! Loved the pictures.

Laura said...

looks great, will have to put it on my to-visit list! Laura in Ludwigsburg (near stuttgart)

Under this Umbrella said...

Great pictures...glad you had fun. Brussels looks like fun!

YAY for your trip home! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a great time. That place looks amazing! I'm gonna have to add it to my must see list.

Emory said...

I can't wait till you get home. Will you have your cell?

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

The architecture is simply amazing! It is crazy to think how these buildings were built in their time.

Happy and safe travels back home.