Sunday, July 19, 2009

First Disappointment

I just experienced my first disappointment of being back in the United States. I went over to Michael's this morning to buy some scrap booking supplies to haul back to Germany with me and when I was done I was ready for some lunch. I was so excited when I had the idea to run thru the drive thru at Chick-fil-a on the way home. I zipped right into the parking lot and was pumped when there was no one in the line! Sweet!! I pull right up to the intercom and decided on a chicken nugget combo. I was even debating value sizing it! Usually Chickfila is super fast and it is so easy to get in and out quickly. I was sort of confused when no one was coming over the intercom to help me! I mean, I NEEDED my chicken nuggets! After about a minute it dawned on me. There was going to be no Chickfila for me today............it is SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh! This used to happen to me all the time even when I lived here full time BUT I never actually went up to the window and waited to be helped! HA! I laughed so hard that I had to call my mom and tell her what I did. Needless to say she got a kick out of it too. I'm sure I will find the time to go back at some point this week!

5 comments:

Allison said...

girl you should be used to things being closed on Sundays after being in Germany awhile :)

Sneaker Teacher said...

I was thinking the same as Allison. Something I will have to get used to about Germany once we are there...I always get all my shopping done on the weekend and frequently go on Sunday. Guess I will have to change that routine.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

oh I hate when that happens. I've done that a time or two before. I'll be driving there and realize it's closed.

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

That is too funny! I wonder if anyone drove by and saw you. He he.

The Pink Chick said...

I always seem to crave Chick-fil-a on Sundays!