Friday, July 17, 2009

Estate Sale Friday!

I have found a past time that could potentially be very harmful to my wallet! This morning I tagged along with my mom and her friend as they hit up all the advertised estate sales around our area of Atlanta. This is what they do every single Friday, year round. On Wednesday and Thursdays they start scouting out the sales that are advertised in the Atlanta Journal and Constitution and Friday mornings they hit the ground running! It was a blast! The first sale we went to was the best one and it is probably good that I didn't find anything else to buy at all the following sales! I spent my budget at the first place! I had my eyes open for sterling and waterford crystal. As you can see from the above picture, I hit the jackpot at the first sale. I registered for this same decanter for our wedding and (not surprisingly!) did not get it. You can bet your butt that I jumped all over it since it was $75 and appears to be brand new. I just looked it up online and it's retail price is $295! I also got 8 liqueur glasses because Deaner and I have been talking about buying after dinner drink glasses. This set was marked as "Set of 6" for $75. Funny since there were actually 8 of them!! Y'all, I just looked them up online and they retail for $75 EACH and I got 8 of them for $75!! I am so excited! Now I just have to decide if I think I can get them back to Germany in one piece! They might have to stay at my parent's house for safe keeping with the rest of my sterling, crystal, and china but what a steal of a deal!! $900 worth of crystal for $150!! It is probably a good thing that I don't live here anymore because I am in to this estate sale business!

After a hard morning of shopping my mom and I met up with my aunt and Baby Thomas for lunch. Baby T was super cute today and only thew up on me once! I also picked up a gift for my sister at the mall, a few things I needed for the wedding, and the beer and wine for the bachelorette shower tonight. It should be a good time but I think I need a little nap before I head out for the evening. While I think I am pretty adjusted to the time change I am still getting tired pretty early in the evening. I did manage to sleep until 7:45am this morning. I'm sure tomorrow I won't have an issue sleeping in!

Hope everyone had a good week. Thank god it is Friday right? Happy weekend!

5 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

What a great deal! I have never been to an estate sale. I might have to check this out!

Under this Umbrella said...

YAY for you! Great finds...love your loot.

Can't wait to hear about the bachelorette party. Take lots of pictures.

BTW, there was a Darby story and it was fantastic. I wrote two posts today. Go read back...you won't be sorry. Darby got smashed in the door at the grocery store and Mini had a meltdown...not kidding.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's such a great find!!!!! I'm a little jealous! Estate sales are where it's at!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

What an amazing find! Good job!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh yes! Love the estate sales...

How fun! You'll have to check out the "junking" finds in Germany. Our friends have found some pretty amazing things at these. :o)