Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shopping Day 3

I am starting to think that it might be time to head back to Germany before I spend my entire life savings here! Yesterday was my shopping day that focused on Deaner. After the unfortunate "pants incident" of two weeks ago he was in dire need of some new work slacks. I hit it big again and Deaner is going to be set for awhile! The best part was I got to eat real Mexican food with my mother-in-law before our shopping excursion! I got him 5 new pairs of pants and two new pairs of dress shoes. I also got him 2 more dress shirts (to go with the 3 I already bought him) and a new tie. I thought I would throw Deaner's new watch into the picture as well. That's right, my husband is now the proud owner of a Tag Heuer watch. This really sort of annoys me since he wouldn't even KNOW what Tag Heuer was if it weren't for my intense desire to own the Maria Sharapova Aquaracer with diamond bezel!! I'm still trying to figure out how HE has ended up with a Tag before me! I suppose we can thank Marriott rewards for that! 220,000 points later, Deaner has a nice watch to show for living in hotels for 5 years!

I didn't buy much for myself yesterday except for my one big purchase that I desperately needed.I have been needing a new black fleece for my winter jacket for awhile but it is hard to take the plunge when you see the price tag on these things. I was actually debating buying a new shell too since mine is almost 10 years old however Dick's Sporting Goods store does not carry the shells in the summer. That solved that problem and now I'll just have to stew about buying one on our next trip to the States. It should give me enough time to figure out what I want!

Today is a pretty lazy day. I am going to have dinner with some family tonight that is in town for the wedding. And I get to see Baby Thomas!! I'm going over early to play with him before I have to share him with others! I'll also get to see my grandfather, Captain Jack! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Under this Umbrella said...

Wow...hit the motherload again. Sounds like you are settling back in to life in the US and south quite nicely. :)

Hope you had a great weekend...when are we going to see bachelorette pictures?

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I calculated the total I spent while in the states the other day. It was outrageous. But totally worth it. Just think- You are shopping for a year's worth of things!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Jackpot! Personally, I like shopping for guy's clothing for Chris more than I like shopping for me, so I would have had a blast :-) Glad you got so much great stuff!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! That's alot of loot you got! At least your buying stuff that you NEED though!