Monday, May 24, 2010

Where has my day gone?

I swear I just looked at my phone and realized that it was 4:20pm. I feel like I haven't been nearly productive enough today for it to be that late! It has been a normal Monday in the Deaner household. Laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning up from the weekend. I ran over to the base to check the mail and got a package from my mom full of photo albums of me when I was born and was a baby so I can't wait to look at those in a minute when I am done with this.

I've been getting our stuff ready to leave on Friday for Athens. We will be there for 2 nights before hopping on a puddle jumper to Santorini for 5 nights. Hard for me to believe that in just a few days I will be here!Y'all have no idea how much I am looking forward to this trip! The only thing that worries me is that my belly is getting bigger by the day and everything I have read about Santorini warns about the massive amound of STEPS that there are on the island. I just told Deaner that we will have to walk slowly and carefully! I also can't wait to see Athens. I think the whole trip is going to be great.

Did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was pretty low key. Friday we went out to dinner at a Weingut and had a nice relaxing dinner. Deaner ordered a bottle of wine and when he did the waiter said "but only one glass" and then made a pregnant belly motion with his hands. I almost died. Guess I need to be getting used to that. Saturday was a beautiful day in Germany and I practiced for Greece by sitting in the sun and reading most of the afternoon. Deaner rode his bike about 22km or so to Rudesheim. We had dinner on Saturday at an American sports bar so Deaner could watch the German soccer game. Let me just tell you, that will be the last time I will frequent a bar while pregnant. I felt SUPER sleazy being there at almost 7 months pregnant and it was just not as fun as when I could partake in some adult beverages! We left at halftime thank god. Sunday was another relaxing day with more sunbathing and reading. Hopefully my new shipment of books will arrive before we leave! Happy Monday to everyone!

3 comments:

MRU said...

Still jealous.

Jennifer said...

I am so jealous of you going to Greece too! It is going to be so much fun! Enjoy every minute!

That is hilarious about the man at the restaurant with the wine! You always have the best stories!

Jennifer said...

I can't find your email address anywhere on your blog, so I am going to leave this here. I wanted to ask you where you got all those precious smocked clothes for Evans? I wanted to say you said you got them off the internet, but I just couldn't remember. My wedding planners are both pregnant and we were talking about smocking yesterday and I thought about all the cute stuff you got. Do you have the website so I can pass it along? Thanks!!!!

my email is jslate7@yahoo.com or diaryofasouthernbelle@yahoo.com

Have a great day!