Friday, May 14, 2010

Ikea Woes

Well really the only woe was that half of Germany decided to join us at Ikea today. Yesterday was a German holiday, thus the country shut down, and apparently everyone needed to hit up Ikea today at the exact time that Steph and I arrived. Lucky for us we got a parking space upfront and knew exactly what we wanted. Thankfully the closet that I wanted was still available (we only found this out after the customer service lady's computer froze and then crashed) but when she told me that it was still there I was happy enough to forget about it. I was also able to find some cheap drawer organizers because does anyone understand how tiny baby SOCKS are? I'd lose them all in a heartbeat if I hadn't found a little compartment to store them in.

Deaner got stuck at work and so I am still waiting on him to get home and start putting it together. The closet is way to heavy for me to carry upstairs alone. Steph and I had issues even getting it into the car! After carrying my suitcase up three flights of stairs on Wednesday and subsequently pulling a muscle in my abdomen, I think I will leave this one to Deaner. I'm not even positive he can lift it by himself! We will see how long this closet assembly takes because I am already getting hungry! Too bad it is only 5:19pm. If we get it together tonight I will make sure to take pictures! Currently I am sitting on the couch surrounded in mountains of baby clothes all freshly washed. Now they just need a home!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! We are cooking out with Steph and Jon tomorrow and it will be nice to get to catch up with my husband! Talk to y'all on Monday!

**Addendum: Today I saw this.That would be a dog in the stroller. Just chilling out and being pushed! Some people!

5 comments:

LTCLC said...

How funny!
I thought exactly the same when I saw a dog being pushed in a stroller (one especially designed for dogs though). But that was in the States. :)

About the closet...just open the box and carry it upstairs piece by piece if it is too heavy for you/your husband.

susanne said...

We saw a tall blonde woman in high heels and spandex (she was about 75!) pushing a dog in a hot pink stroller at Lake Blue Ridge a couple weeks ago.
WHAT is this world coming to???

Jennifer said...

I have see the ladies pushing their dogs in strollers quite often! It is ridiculous! What happened to taking a dog on a walk and letting it walk???? My best friend has a neighbor who does it daily and I have seen it numerous times on my walk from my car to my job because I work in a downtown area. It so crazy and funny!

I am glad they had a closet left!

Jon and Steph said...

Germans can be so weird! But I still like your idea of getting a large baby stroller and having Deaner push you in it. If you find one let me know, because I think that'd be a good job for Jon ;)

BUBBA BURGERS!!! ;)

JESSON and REY ANN said...

Nice post i like it, keep blogging and If you want too, kindly and please visit my blog http://jabrasr.blogspot.com/ thank you in advance.

I would like also to share this to your reader,... The Succes and Opportunity Family:

The father of succes is WORK,
The mother of succes is AMBITION,
The oldest son of succes is COMMON SENSE
Some of the other sons of success are PERSEVERENCE, HONESTY, THOROUGHNESS, FORESIGHT, ENTHUSIASM, and COOPERATION;
The oldest daughter of succes is CHARACTER,
Some sisters of success are CHEERFULNESS, LOYALTY, CARE, ECONOMY, and SINCERITY,
The baby is OPPORTUNITY.