Thursday, May 20, 2010

26 Week Doctor's Appointment

Happily, there is not much to report! My appointment this morning was EARLY at 8:15am but I made it there in time. Drinking the glucose drink wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but not something that I would request to do again. Let's just hope I pass! They said that they would call me tomorrow if I flunked. Think if I just ignore my phone that will help? I just don't want to have to take the 3 hour test. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Baby Deaner is looking great! He now weighs over 2 pounds but he is less inclined to give me that perfect sonogram shot that I got of him around 14 weeks. Oh well, I kept getting glimpses of his nose and eyes etc but he won't just turn to the side and be still for a cute profile picture! My doctor said she is happy with how he looks and everything is great! I gained 4.8 pounds this month! Nice huh? I guess I ate my way through Atlanta. And I would do it again if I had the chance! I think since I have only gained 7-8 pounds total that I should go on a chocolate diet! Sound good? :)

Deaner is in Brussels working today and won't be back until tomorrow. I have nothing else to do for the rest of the day and I plan on eating a frozen pizza for dinner then sleeping in the middle of the bed! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!! 8 days until Greece!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Gleat- only 2-5% of pregnant women have gestational diabetes so dont worry. If you only gained 7-8 lbs, you are doing great. I gained over 30 with James! It falls off fast though...especially if you plan to nurse.

Jennifer said...

I am glad you got a good report! I want to see a cute profile pic if he ever gives you one!

I just threw my best friend Ashley's baby shower today! We had it at a restaurant by our work! There are so many little babies coming right now I can hardly contain my excitement!