Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Funday

Wouldn't it be great if Monday really was a Funday? I typically don't mind them but I had so many chores to do today that it is 4:15pm and I have just sat down to blog. Whew! I hope that everyone had a great weekend! We had a nice relaxing weekend. Friday night we had dinner out at one of our favorite places and it was delicious as usual. Saturday we went out to lunch and then Deaner had the chore of putting together the baby's closet. He started around 1:30pm and wasn't done until nearly 4:45pm! He said it was the hardest thing he has ever put together from Ikea. I was lying in the bed the whole time and I would hear lots of banging around and cussing. I can't believe it actually turned out so great! I don't have any pictures of the progress because I wasn't allowed in the room until the product was finished. And here it is!Of course I already had all the baby clothes washed and folded and ready to go in their new home so here is a picture of the inside.I'm just excited to have another big item checked off my list and accomplished. The changing table is still a disaster but I have ordered the organizer boxes from Pottery Barn Kids and hopefully they won't take too long to get here. I'm also waiting on the real changing pad to get here from the lady I ordered the crib from. I am a bit concerned because I feel like they should have been here by now but we will see. I think I mentioned that two of my boxes with shower stuff arrived last week and this rug that my mom bought us was in one of them. I think that it matches perfectly!The rug is a Jonathan Adler and is on his website for the small price of $995!! My mom found it at an estate sale for nowhere NEAR that price and I think it is the perfect addition to the nursery! It is made out of llama hair! Deaner claims he is going to sleep on the rug next to the baby just like this....I'm not so sure I buy it! And last but not least here is a picture of the crib with all the bedding on it. I love how it turned out.I think that my chore tomorrow will be hang the letters that spell Evans. Deaner called earlier to say that our diaper changing table caddy came today that my friend Leigh gave us so I can't wait to see it! Getting the mail these days is so much fun!

Anyways, I'm off to continue writing thank you notes. I think I can finish them up tonight if I concentrate! Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Everything looks so good! Okay, so you are going to have to fill me in on this estate sale thing you and your mom do! How do y'all find them? Are they in the paper or something? That rug is gorgeous!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

The whole room looks so great!

Anonymous said...

Looks great....good thing there were no upside down handles on the closet........Richard Dean Dean .......You did good........

susanne said...

LOVE IT!! Especially the way Deaner sleeps on the zebra rug.

Grammar Boy said...

Not "As I laid in bed..."

But "As I lay in bed..."

You cannot get this stuff past me.