Tuesday, May 18, 2010

OCD?

So there is a small chance that I might have a touch of obsessive compulsive disorder. Deaner calls me impatient but sometimes I think it goes a little further than that. My morning routine normally consists of waking up and checking my iphone for new e-mails. Well, I woke up a little earlier than normal today and instead of making myself go back to sleep like I should have, I went ahead and checked my e-mails. I should have known that there would be something in my inbox that would prevent me from a few more hours of sleep! There was an e-mail from my mom saying that the changing table and the armoire in the baby's room had to switch places. Most people would have taken this under advisement and gone back to sleep. Impossible. As I laid in bed all I could think about was how she was right and how the two pieces of furniture needed to be switched, IMMEDIATELY. Only problem? I was pretty sure it would be impossible for me to move the armoire by myself. I resigned myself to waiting until Deaner got back from work to help me. On my way downstairs for breakfast I decided I would just SEE how hard it might be to move the armoire. Imagine my surprise at how easy it was! Within three minutes I had both pieces of furniture moved and it was easy as pie! Now the armoire is against the longest wall.Also, here is a picture of the changing table caddy that came yesterday. I love it! Thanks Leigh!Since I was able to get the changing table against its final resting place I decided to go ahead and hanging up the EVANS letters. This was a bit more of an undertaking then I thought it would be. Who knew that making such perfect bows was so hard?? After about two hours I finally had them up to my liking!What do y'all think? I almost don't want the baby sleeping in there because it is so perfect! Just teasing! :)

So that has been my day so far. Not sure what tomorrow holds. I ordered our car seat on Friday and Deaner called earlier to say that it was already here. Seriously? Friday to Tuesday? That just goes to show that it doesn't take 10 years for things to get here so places should stop acting like it is such a huge deal to send things to APO boxes. Geez! Tonight we are having some friends over for dinner before their trip back to the States. I'm also getting excited because we leave for Greece next week! Barring no volcanic ash or rioting! Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you are OCD, and in your condition, don't you dare do something like that again - MOVING furniture are you crazy!!
Rooms looks too cute for words.

MMM said...

Yes, most def you are OCD. You have been your entire life. No more moving furniture, seriously it is not a good thing for a pregnant woman. Room looks great! A year from now, you'll have to move your letters higher. We had to "redecorate" recently. BTW, talked to one of my good friends in NYC yesterday who is from Greece, she said you are welcome to contact her with any concerns or questions. She is going in a few weeks too and says you aren't to worry about a thing! Let me know if you want her email.

Anonymous said...

Our last trips before the babies come. I'm headed to Ireland on Saturday to meet up w/ my mom & sister...pending no volcano mumbo jumbo. Have fun & be safe in Greece.

~Heidi

p.s. The room looks fabulous!

Jennifer said...

The room is turning out just gorgeous! I am so excited to hear the Greece trip is still on at this moment! It will be so fun!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

This room looks so great! You did a great job with the decorating and furniture choices. Love it :-)

New Girl on Post said...

I love the room, it looks amazing!

susanne said...

Lottice is right - NO MORE FURNITURE MOVING!! Room is just fabulous. Hope you let the little baby sleep there sometimes.