Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Explaining my absence....

I feel like I have been neglecting my blog over the past couple of weeks. I have been so busy that I don't know what to do with myself. Thursday evening my mom's friends hosted an all girls cocktail shower for me. It was insanely nice. Everything was perfect down to the bride, groom, and wedding cake cookie grams the hostesses ordered for me. We had about 40 guests and I got the most amazing things! I will try and post some of them in the next few days. The hostess' house was unbelievable but something tells me that she might not appreciate me posting pictures of it so you will have to imagine! Since Thursday I have been writing thank you notes, running wedding errands, and basically trying to tie up loose ends. I didn't realize that there were so many ends that were still loose!! Since Deaner was away this weekend at his redneck soiree I was able to get several things done. Friday I went shopping and finally found gift bags big enough for Deaner's groomsmen gifts. He is giving soft side coolers that are monogrammed with each groomsmen initials. As it turns out I didn't need to be searching for bags so big in the first place. Geez. At least that is taken care of.

Saturday I went to a wedding shower for another friend of mine who is getting married. I actually felt like I got to visit with some friends that were at my shower that I didn't even get to speak to on Thursday evening! Afterwards I was an awesome fiance and took Deaner's car out to Carmax. The news there was not good and so I think we will be finding a way to take it to Germany with us. I picked up his shoes that were on hold and made a copy of a picture that we are giving to his dad for a wedding gift. Gosh, I am such a helpful person. All these things are things that I am sure Deaner would have "gotten around" to doing but I sleep a bit easier at night knowing they are DONE.

Sunday I woke up, stretched, and tried to open my eyes. No go. Glued shut. It appears I have PINK EYE. Sick! And of course it has to happen on a Sunday when the doctor's office is closed and cannot call me in a prescription for eye drops. Nice. No work for me on Monday. I'd personally like to thank the doctor's office for waiting until 5:30pm on Monday to call in my drops. This morning I woke up to BOTH eyes glued shut. It has been a great two days. Finally, I'm starting to not resemble a vampire anymore. (I know, I have been reading a lot of Twilight lately). I will be back at work tomorrow and will surely be slammed. We had the final walk thru at the Fox this morning and everything looks great. If I could figure out the damn program issue than I would be a lot less stressed out. Do people really care about having a ceremony program?? Don't they know we are getting married?

On the plate for the rest of the week? Since I just finished writing 36 thank you notes and dropped them at the post office maybe I won't get anymore gifts this week! I think I have 5 to do for wedding gifts. Deaner will be helping with those. Tomorrow we have our last dance lesson. I know most of you think that our last lesson was last Monday but Julio didn't bother showing up so we are doomed to one more week. I think we are going to take it easy this weekend and relax. Only two more weekends until the wedding!!!

2 comments:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Oooo! Welcome to the pink eye club. Isn't it fun? It totally takes me back to 2nd grade.

New Girl on Post said...

Ooooh sorry about the pink eye. And why is it that it seems everyone got in it in the second grade? I remember getting it then too. Odd

Don't worry about neglecting your blog! You're getting married and then moving, it's natural. I neglected mine horribly when we got to Italy and still haven't had the time to really spend on it that I would like.